To better showcase its digital and inkjet printing innovations, FUJIFILM North America Corporation recently reopened its Graphic Systems Division’s demonstration center with a new look and a new name. Located in the company’s Hanover Park, Illinois facility, Fujifilm’s Chicago Technology Center has been redesigned to highlight the capabilities – and possibilities – for printers. Currently featuring the theme, “City of Chicago,” the Chicago Technology Center demonstrates and supports the company’s leadership role in digital and inkjet technology, and highlights examples of the high-end print products made possible with Fujifilm technology.
Visitors to the Chicago Technology Center can see and touch raised print output displayed in various capacities: back-lit displays, textured wall wraps, wall wrap collages, printing on six-panel doors, ceiling displays, 3-Dimensional creations which utilize wide format, and routing of thick board material. They are also able to view the revolutionary FUJIFILM Digital Inkjet J Press 720 and the Xerox digital color presses in action.
“The redesign of the Chicago Technology Center exemplifies the strategy built around Fujifilm Inkjet Technology and clearly indicates that we will continue to forge a path as a leader in printing technology for the graphic arts industry,” said Todd Zimmerman, vice president and general manager, FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Graphic Systems Division. “Since establishing the center, we have conducted more than 220 customer demonstrations. The center is a valuable resource for printers hungry for more information on printing technology and products, and provides us with valuable feedback.”
The Chicago Technology Center demonstrates the following hardware and software, and shows output examples from each of the following:
• Fujifilm Digital Inkjet J Press 720 – The first half-size, sheetfed inkjet press capable of producing offset quality.
• Acuity LED 1600 – High-performance wide-format inkjet printer featuring proprietary-design LED light source, high precision, high-speed, printheads, and optimized fast curing UV-LED ink.
• Acuity Advance HS – Inkjet printer offering stunning quality while printing at production speeds of 433 ft² per hour delivering over 100 beds in a single shift; and boasts new express mode that enables printing over 650 ft² per hour.
• Javelin 8600N-Z Platesetter – Part of the Javelin 8600 Series of state-of-the-art thermal CTP recorders, delivers versatility and productivity necessary to keep presses running.
• Xerox 770 Digital Color Press – First true production capable printer, making it easy to get started in digital production printing while delivering outstanding image quality, excellent performance, complete versatility, effortless productivity, reliability.
• iGEN4 – Uses patented innovative technology and the power of automation to deliver the world's most productive digital press with 25-35% productivity gains, higher monthly volumes, and high definition image quality to capture more pages and profit.
• Xerox Color 800 Press – Delivers sharp, rich, digitally mastered image quality, with optional clear dry ink station enabling creative effects that bring prints to life.
• Mutoh Valuejet 1614 – Printer providing fastest production speeds with superior print quality and features specifically designed for the sign market.
• Esko Kongsberg Table XP 24 HS – Superior digital cutting table for signs and POP.