The Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC) has announced a new blended focus for the 17th annual EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK, the popular pre-show trends conference that takes place on the eve of GRAPH EXPO scheduled for Saturday, October 6, 2012 at Chicago's McCormick Place South. GRAPH EXPO, spanning the realm of print, online and mobile, and the Americas' largest graphic communications exhibition and educational conference, opens the following day and will run October 7 - 10, 2012, in McCormick Place South.
After 16 years of a predominant technology focus, the program has been enhanced to provide a more combined analysis of key marketing trends with new technology enhancements. With the theme, "Using Marketing and Technology to Innovate and Thrive," this year's EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK promises a dynamic conference that will provide attendees with indispensable information on how to use technology to propel their marketing initiatives to gain a competitive advantage in today's economy.
"With market trends changing so quickly, leaders must gain an understanding of the latest communication strategies to secure a competitive edge. Savvy printers recognize that effective customer outreach is an ongoing dialogue that requires a 'multi-media' approach. This year's EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK provides insights from the experts about the very latest technologies and tools that can enable your company to enhance this conversation," said Ralph Nappi, President of GASC.
EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK 2012 will kick off with a keynote address from Jeff Hayzlett, best-selling author and President of the Hayzlett Group, who will share the essential business lessons to lead, drive change, and grow profits.
Following the keynote will be a series of well-timed sessions to address the unique marketing issues faced by graphic communications professionals today that will:
* Reveal the secrets for thriving in a 'transcended media age' with Dr. Samir Husni, Director of the Magazine Innovation Center, the University of Mississippi
* Present a lively panel discussion with "Messages from Top Marketeers" who will share how you can be part of their team, moderated by Gina Testa, Vice President, Graphic Communications Industry Business, Xerox, plus
* Examine "Trends in Workflow and Production Management Software," with Jeff White, General Manager-Monarch, EFI.
EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK will also offer a series of brief-but-detailed "vignettes" that shed light on which technologies graphic communications professionals should be looking to invest in at GRAPH EXPO 2012, with updates on:
* Printed Electronics, with Dr. Kate Stone, Founder, Novalia
* Traditional Press Technology, with Ray Prince, Vice President and Senior Consultant, Operations Management, NAPL
* Update on Variable Data, with Mark Lewiecki, Senior Product Manager, Adobe PDF Print Engine
* Advances in Toner Technology, with Frank Kanonik, Managing Directory, Intellective Solutions, and
* Update on Inkjet Presses and Imprinting, with Jim Hamilton, Group Director, Infotrends.
Assimilating all of the marketing and technology updates of the day will be a special session on "Integrating Social Media into your Marketing Mix" with John Foley, chief Executive Officer, Grow Socially.
As the program draws to a close, participants will be among the first to hear the announcements of the "Best of Category" 2012 MUST SEE 'EMS exhibits and products, and also recognize the inaugural "Legacy Award" winner. A highlight of the EXECUTIVE OUTLOOK Conference, the MUST SEE 'EMS are the technologies and products chosen by a panel of industry experts as being the most compelling at the show. These designations provide a roadmap to the exhibits and technologies that attendees should make a point of seeking out at GRAPH EXPO.