MGI Digital Graphic Technology has announced that two products first introduced at drupa will make their North American debut at GRAPH EXPO (booth 3623): the JETvarnish 3D inkjet spot UV coater, which has already earned Must See ‘em recognition, and the Meteor DP8700 S digital press.
JETvarnish 3D inkjet spot UV coater
Arguably the hottest product in MGI’s drupa booth, the JETvarnish 3D builds on the worldwide commercial success of the JETvarnish inkjet spot UV coater, giving graphics professionals a dual set of tools to increase profitability - traditional flat spot UV coating and new 3D raised effects, together for the first time in one production unit.
The JETvarnish 3D features dramatically increased production speed for flat spot UV coating (up to 3,000 20 x 29" sheets per hour) and new 3D raised effects up to 100 microns in thickness. Variation of thickness within the same design is possible through file management, allowing texture creation. These beautiful tactile effects allow end users to differentiate their brands and add a new dimension of visual appeal to a wide range of projects, such as book covers, brochures, business cards, pocket folders, postcards, packaging, photo books, greeting cards, announcements and more. The JETvarnish 3D’s 100% digital operation requires no plates, screens or expensive makeready, perfect for runs from one to thousands.
Other key features of the JETvarnish 3D include sheet sizes up to 20x42”, full variable data capabilities, a new camera system that ensures precise registration to printed pages, substrate weights from 135-600 gsm and spot UV coating directly onto most digital or offset prints with no lamination required.
The game-changing JETvarnish 3D was honored as a Must See ‘em in the Postpress Finishing – Digital and Small-Format category. Winners were selected by a panel of industry experts, journalists and consultants from 110 entries submitted by 43 companies. The panel based their choices on the impact they believe these technologies will have on the industry.
Meteor DP8700 S digital press
The Meteor DP8700 S is the newest member of MGI’s flagship series of dry toner digital presses, offering the power of digital production for short runs and variable data/personalization, at an affordable price point and with no click charge.
A workhorse ideally suited for a host of applications including high production envelope printing, the Meteor DP8700 S includes the following features:
- Up to 4,260 A4/letter sheets per hour and envelope print speeds up to 3,300 per hour (full color)Superior output quality at 3600 DPI (8 bit printing) and more than 25 line screen variations ranging from 95 to 270 LPI, including stochastic. Users also have the option to choose up to two different line screens within the same print job.
- Substrates including a full range of papers from 70 to 300 gsm, specific synthetics (such as Teslin), and envelopes (such as #10, 6 x 9”, 9 x 12”, with or without windows)
- Accommodates sheet sizes from 3.94 x 5.83” up to 13 x 19”
- Total input capacity of 8,300 sheets (three 500 sheet capacity trays, plus two high capacity trays each with 3,400 sheet capacity)
- Laser-safe prints (dry toner and no fuser oil results in no ghosting or smudging when re-run through a desktop laser printer), ideal for letterhead and envelope production
- Powered by Fiery digital print server for maximum productivity and processing speed, ideally suited for high-end production print environments demanding workflow automation and efficiency, variable data printing and industry-leading color management tools.
MGI’s GRAPH EXPO presentation will also include the following products:
- Meteor DP8700 XL multi-substrate digital press: the most versatile digital press in the global graphics market, the Meteor DP8700 XL offers users the widest range of substrates available (paper, plastics & envelopes), the largest cut sheet size (up to 102 cm / 40" in production), laser-safe prints, no click charge and an economical total cost of operation, plus offset-comparable output quality.
- JETcard inkjet card factory: CR-80 format card printing in up to 8 colors (including white ink), magnetic stripe encoding, spot/flood UV coating with 3D raised effects, security inks and data verification...in just one pass. All this in a small footprint but with a big impact: the JETcard can replace up to 5 pieces of equipment. Value added finishing solutions: UVarnish flood UV coater for digital or offset prints, PressCard Pro hot platen laminator and PunchCard Pro credit card format die cutter.
A new feature in MGI’s GRAPH EXPO booth will be an Applications Gallery showcasing customer-submitted projects, such as fine art prints, variable data campaigns, 13x40” POP displays and an array of traditional commercial print applications on paper and plastic substrates. These projects highlight the true versatility and differentiation MGI’s product lines offer end users and embody MGI’s central campaign theme….Imagine what you could do with an MGI.