CHILI Publish and Esko are pleased to announce that Esko will integrate the online editing technology of CHILI Publish into Esko’s WebCenter web-based packaging platform. The integration of both solutions will be showcased for the first time at Graph Expo 2012 in Chicago.
A new Adobe Illustrator plug-in in Esko WebCenter will enable users to open packaging designs in WebCenter to create, edit and modify packaging content. With this new integration, a designer or artwork creator will be able to publish an Adobe Illustrator document to a WebCenter project. Content like barcodes, nutrition facts, regulatory compliance data and other can then be provided by the brand owner simply by going online, opening and editing the document using CHILI Editor within the WebCenter browser window.
Kevin Goeminne, CFO and managing partner of CHILI Publish, comments, “We’ve been seeing huge user interest in online document editing, as well as packaging functionality. Partnering with Esko, the technology leader in this domain, is a logical and important strategic step that helps us launch our technology into a new market.”
"There is a trend in the packaging industry for prepress companies to move upstream in the supply chain toward packaging artwork design and creation," adds Bjorn Willems, Product Manager Interactive Applications at Esko. "Now, thanks to CHILI Publish, we are the first to make available a robust platform for content collation of packaging designs. This further complements our portfolio of WebCenter applications that manage the approval, collaboration, project management and planning for the packaging life cycle.”
The new online packaging editing functionality will be available through Esko channels by the end of 2012.
This new capability will be demonstrated in North America at Graph Expo 2012, which takes place October 7-10 at McCormick Place in Chicago. Esko will be in Booth #427 and CHILI Publish will be in Booth #971 at the show.
The ability to easily integrate CHILI Publisher with software from major industry developers to enhance value and productivity is a key reason why CHILI Publish has secured a number of partnerships. Next to custom integrations, CHILI Publisher has been integrated into the following solutions: Canto Cumulus; Agfa :Apogee Storefront; Gamsys; CHILI connector for Magento by PHPro (part of the Belgian Cronos group); and Tharstern e4print Pro.
Customers and partners choose CHILI Publisher because:
- CHILI Publisher offers WYSIWYG editing capabilities out of the box
- CHILI Editor (the WYSIWYG editor) uses the same CHILI API that external applications use
- CHILI products are available based on a simple and straightforward pricing model
- CHILI Publisher offers an unprecedented level of functionality in a browser-based application – previously only available in desktop publishing applications
- CHILI Publisher provides an extensive feature set, ease of use and a high degree of flexibility
- CHILI Publisher integrates seamlessly and transparently into the application, so end users are unaware that a third-party component is being used
- Integrators can choose how to organize the workflow, whether web2print, magazine publishing, packaging, brand protection, yearbook applications, etc.
- CHILI Editor is fully customizable to each end-user's needs