Avery Dennison Corporation is building on its industry leadership and history of innovation with the introduction of groundbreaking labeling, facestock and adhesive technologies at Labelexpo Americas 2012 in Chicago. Labelexpo is the labeling industry’s premier annual trade show.
“This year, our focus on Labeling Redefined highlights the evolution of our core technology to help our customers fulfill their brand- and business-building ambitions,” said Don Nolan, president, Avery Dennison Materials Group. “Each year at Labelexpo we introduce innovations that lead the way in delivering opportunities to expand the use of pressure-sensitive materials.”
Avery Dennison’s new labeling products, technologies and services include:
* Prime Film Portfolio, a suite of clear, white and metalized facestocks anchored with a proprietary new adhesive, S7000, which improves productivity, sustainability and conformability.
* Avery Dennison™ Shrink PS, a patent-pending, pressure-sensitive label for shrink wrap bags that delivers operational efficiency and crisp graphics.
* Avery Dennison TurnLock™ Laminating System, a film technology for durable goods applications that combines facestock and overlaminate rolls, producing more resilient labels from less material.
* Wash-Off, a label material that cleanly curls and releases from glass bottles with no adhesive residue, helping brands meet aggressive recycling targets.
* MultiCycle™ labels, which can cycle more than 30 times through the glass-returnable system, delivering the impact of pressure-sensitive graphics at a lower cost and environmental impact.
* Z3338 Adhesive, which is engineered to keep labels positioned consistently in heavy-condensation environments such as ice buckets and cold boxes.
* Avery Dennison Bottle-to-Bottle Portfolio of labeling materials designed specifically to enable more efficient recycling of bottles and packages made from polyethylene terephthalate (PET).
Many of these innovations deliver sustainable solutions for brand owners. “We have heard very clearly from our customers and brand owners about the importance of innovations focused on improving sustainability,” said Nolan. “As a market leader, we have a responsibility to develop branding, packaging and supply chain solutions that contribute to a more sustainable planet. Today we are utilizing collaborative innovation across key industry disciplines to place our company and our customers at the center of a new wave of innovations. It is a very exciting time for our industry.”