- SONORA XP and SONORA NEWS Process Free Plates, which deliver print capabilities similar to traditionally processed plates, plus enable printers to eliminate the processing chemistry and equipment and related costs from their platemaking operation
- KODAK CTP Devices image more than 30 percent of digital offset plates worldwide. Kodak continues to develop CTP technology, and the new KODAK TRENDSETTER 1600 Platesetter enables printers to utilize advanced KODAK SQUARESPOT Imaging Technology. It is an affordable CTP device for large-format platemaking, based on the popular KODAK TRENDSETTER Platesetter platform
- The KODAK Intelligent Prepress Manager 2.0 (iPM 2.0), which is now available for the KODAK TRENDSETTER 800 Platesetter and the new KODAK TRENDSETTER 1600 Platesetter, offers enhanced plate line monitoring features and mobile connectivity for access through mobile devices, allowing customers to harness greater productivity and efficiency from their plate line systems
- The new KODAK INSITE Prepress Portal System version 6.5, which provides secure web access into the print workflow, enabling users to start and submit production jobs, track progress, collaborate on changes, proof and approve work from any Internet-connected computer, including through an application approved for APPLE iPad Tablets
- The new 36″ (914 mm)-long cut sheet capability for the KODAK NEXPRESS SX Digital Production Color Press, which enables printers to offer a greater number of applications, including point of sale, book covers, dust jackets and more
- The KODAK NEXPRESS Gold Dry Ink, which is one of the latest in new solutions for the KODAK NEXPRESS Fifth Imaging Unit. Containing no VOCs, the Gold Dry Ink provides printers with the ability to print in line at full rated speed for a metallic look. Field trials for this new solution start this month
- The award winning KODAK NEXPRESS Red Fluorescing Dry Ink Solution, which helps printers provide increased security and fraud protection on documents, packaging, promotional, and direct mail materials. The Red Fluorescing Dry Ink Solution is a recipient of a 2012 Intertech Technology award
- The KODAK PROSPER S-Series Imprinting Systems, which include the S5, S10, and S20, are available in black or CMYK configurations at speeds up to 2000 fpm (600 mpm). In addition, the S30 Imprinting System is available for black configurations at speeds up to 3000 fpm (900 mpm). Producing laser-like quality for imprinting at a range of speeds and resolutions, PROSPER S-Series Imprinting Systems bring high-quality personalization to offset print jobs using nanoparticulate pigment-based inks that deliver excellent permanence, rich colors, and outstanding scratch, fade and water resistance on a wide variety of commercial substrates. In 2011, PROSPER Systems printed more than five billion pages
The booth also includes an area where industry professionals can learn how KODAK Solutions can help them achieve their sustainability objectives and deliver sustainability benefits to their business and clients.
The coveted Must See ’Ems awards recognized three KODAK Solutions, including KODAK NEXPRESS Gold Dry Ink that produces a gold metallic sparkle effect for applications such as direct mail, certificates, photos, tickets and many others. Attendees at the PIA Print Excellence Awards on Sunday, Oct. 7 and NAPCO Gold Ink Awards on Monday, Oct. 8 will see this application first hand on their table. Must See ’Ems also went to:
- KODAK INSITE Prepress Portal System version 6.5, which makes it easier for print buyers, prepress operators, and service representatives to submit jobs, proof and approve work, track progress, and collaborate on changes
- KODAK FLEXCEL Direct System, which uses innovative, energy-efficient, high-power laser engraving to produce superior quality, affordable press-ready elastomer sleeves for flexographic printing, and is a new addition to Kodak’s innovative packaging portfolio that includes the award-winning KODAK FLEXCEL NX System.
Must See ’Ems are awarded to products and services that will be showcased at Graph Expo and have been deemed as compelling technology for the printing industry according to an independent industry expert committee.
Kodak Engages and Participates throughout the Show
Kodak continues to maintain and build strong industry partnerships, and several Kodak solutions will be shown in various partner booths, including Konica Minolta (#421), Ricoh (#2600), MCS (#3619), xpedx (#1646), and EFI (#2000). At Kodak’s booth, attendees can also learn more about Kodak’s partnerships with Online Print Solutions, Tech Lighting, Adphos, Axode, GSS and Baum. Kodak’s partnerships offer customers more solutions, expertise, and innovation to deliver differentiated applications that help their clients grow their businesses.
Along with being featured in partner booths, Kodak’s presence at Graph Expo also includes speaking and participating at various events. At the PIA Print Excellence Awards and NAPCO Gold Ink and Hall of Fame Awards, John O’Grady will address attendees.
Kodak is a sponsor of THE PRINTERVERSE, a new Graph Expo show floor feature created by Print Media Centre. THE PRINTERVERSE will serve as an educational and networking haven for printers, integrated marketers, print and digital producers, print and media buyers, designers, creative professionals, and agencies. Attendees can stop by THE PRINTERVERSE (booth #3861) to take their photo and post, meet, tweet, learn, share, interact and explore the latest innovations and applications that are driving the industry forward in exciting new directions.