The Océ Arizona 480 GT printer was given the Product of the Year Award in the Flatbed Rigid Substrate UV (
The Product of the Year Awards compare output from competing devices using a common test file designed by SGIA. The prints are reviewed by a panel of judges, each with a background and expertise in digital printing and imaging. The judges look for color appeal, detail and tonality, and the output is also judged on how closely it matches the test print.
The entry image was processed using ONYX ThriveTM Océ Edition print workflow software, a scalable print production solution based on Adobe PDF Print Engine technology. ONYX Thrive software manages the wide format print production workflow process offering print service providers accurate, predictable, high quality printing results, and reducing costly errors.
Latest member of the Océ Arizona Series family
The Océ Arizona 480 GT printer made its worldwide debut on the same day it won this award. This model – along with its larger counterpart, the Océ Arizona 480 XT printer – offer even more application versatility and production efficiencies. New features in these models include:
- Eight independent ink channels with support for varnish or double-opacity white ink printing, including additional cyan and magenta channels for higher print quality at faster speeds.
- Active pixel placement compensation for optimum image sharpness, density and uniformity over the entire printing area - both flatbed or across roll media with the Roll Media Option.
- Precise vacuum system, configured to match the majority of standard-sized graphic arts media.
- Batch mode operation for streamlining multi-layered jobs or facilitating set collation.
The Océ Arizona 480 GT and Océ Arizona 480 XT models fit in the product line between the Océ Arizona 360 Series and the Océ Arizona 550 Series in terms of productivity.
Nine Product of the Year Awards in Six Years
The Océ Arizona Series UV flatbed printers have been consistently honored by the SGIA organization. In 2006, the year of the original Océ Arizona 250 GT printer’s introduction, it won the Vision Award, which is given to an exhibiting manufacturer whose new product has the best chance of positively impacting the digital imaging industry. The decision was based on the product’s relevance to the market, potential industry influence and prospective value to the product’s end users.
Since then, Océ Arizona Series models have received the following Product of the Year Awards:
- 2007: Océ Arizona 250 GT, Output Device Rigid Substrate UV
- 2008: Océ Arizona 350 GT, Honorable Mention, UV Cured Rigid
- 2009: Océ Arizona 350 XT, Rigid Substrate UV >$200K MSRP
- 2009: Océ Arizona 350 GT, Rigid Substrate UV <$200K MSRP
- 2010: Océ Arizona 550 XT, Flatbed Rigid Substrate UV (>$200K MSRP)
- 2010: Océ Arizona 550 XT, Flatbed Rigid White Ink UV (>$200K MSRP)
- 2010: Océ Arizona 550 GT, Flatbed Rigid Substrate UV (<$200K MSRP)
- 2011: Océ Arizona 360 XT, Flatbed Rigid White Ink UV (<$200K MSRP)
- 2012: Océ Arizona 480 GT, Flatbed Rigid Substrate UV (<$200K MSRP)
Highly acclaimed flatbed printer series
All Océ Arizona Series printers – including the new Océ Arizona 480 GT model – share the same award-winning image quality and robust architecture, offering the Océ values of quality, reliability, productivity and user-friendliness. Since 2006, Océ Arizona Series UV flatbed printers have earned 31 industry awards to date from organizations throughout the world. These awards help validate the quality and innovation built into every Océ Arizona Series printer. More than 3,350 systems have been sold to date placing this series at the forefront of the UV flatbed printer market.