ONYX Graphics, Inc. has announced that the latest versions of its print workflow and RIP software packages now include support for the Windows 8 operating system, providing a seamless transition for print service providers upgrading to this OS or purchasing new hardware with Windows 8 already installed. This support is available in version 1.2.5 of ONYX Thrive print workflow software and version X10.2.5 of ONYX ProductionHouse, ONYX PosterShop and ONYX RIPCenter RIP software packages.
These new versions also add functionality for white and specialty ink profiling, printing and handling, including:
- Color Management Engine updates for brighter, more vibrant images when printing with expanded ink gamuts for better output quality and ink utilization.
- New support for native CMYKO and CMYKO+SS ink configurations found in the recently introduced Epson SureColor SC70600 and SC50600 series printers.
- Improvements were made to Spot Channel Preview in the Layout Tool.
- Improved various user-interface elements for spot channels and expanded gamut ink usage such as an improved display for ink volume, which helps catch errors before printing and reduces the need for reprints. Additional improvements to the Media Manager user interface include an easier way to create new print modes to support printer modes that use white and specialty inks.
- New ONYX HIVE Image (Hexagonal Ink Verification and Evaluation Swatch) feature enables users to evaluate many ink combinations simultaneously in order to fine-tune print modes during the profile creation process.
These version updates, along with support for a variety of new printer models, are essential for users who are looking to achieve accurate color with latest wide format print technologies. Support for the new Epson SureColor SC70600 and SC50600 series printers and new imagePROGRAF models from Canon is included.