Appleton Coated announces the 2013 Design Council, a panel of leading designers and print communications specialists. For 18 years, the Council has gathered from across North America to share their observations from their geographical and professional areas.
The 2013 Appleton Coated Design Council members include:
- John Connolly, principal and creative director at Ideas On Purpose in New York
- Michael Eads, principal and director of production at Sametz Blackstone Associates in Boston
- Bob Faust, owner and principal at Faust in Chicago
- Tim Hale, senior vice president of design management and marketing at Fossil, Inc. in Richardson, Texas
- Vicki Jones, president at Brand Fever in Atlanta*
- Fritz Klaetke, principal and design director at Visual Dialogue in Boston*
- Dana Lytle, principal and creative director at Planet Propaganda in Madison*
- Bryan Peterson, owner and principal at Peterson Ray & Company in Dallas
* newest additions
“In January, the Design Council meets to discuss the business issues and trends that these design leaders observe in their practices. We share ideas about the role that printed communication continues to play in the marketing mix and the essential contribution of paper. This exchange helps us to shape a relevant marketing program that supports our customers' success,” says Ferkó X. Goldinger, Appleton Coated’s marketing manager.
The Appleton Coated Design Council also reviews the entries for the U360 Design Competition. The 2013 winners will be announced later this Spring. The U360 submissions produced in 2012 were printed all, or in part, on Utopia and/or Curious Collection papers. Entries for the 2014 competition will be accepted through December 2013.