X-Rite, Incorporated is accelerating the introduction of advanced technology in the print and packaging industry with a worldwide trade-in program for the X-Rite-eXact series of spectrophotometers.
Customers can receive a rebate ranging from $700 to $1,000 (550€ to 800€) that can be applied to a purchase of a standard, advanced or densitometer version of eXact for each qualifying instrument they send in that appears on a specified list of more than 38 X-Rite, GretagMacbeth (Gretag) or competitor's handheld instruments.
The trade-in program expires June 30, and customers can obtain more detailed information about the terms and conditions of the offer by referring to www.xritetradein.com. Instruments that are traded in will be disposed of in an environmentally responsible fashion.
Among the instruments qualifying for the trade-in program are the X-Rite models 400 series, 504, 508, 518, 520, 528, 530, 918, 939, 938, 948, 968, X-Rite (or GretagMacbeth) SpectroEye and SpectroEye LT, GretagMacbeth (or Gretag) D19C / D196, X-Rite (or GretagMacbeth) DensiEye 100, 700, 750 and selected models from competitors.
The eXact spectrophotometer makes color measurements quick and easy for brand managers, pre-media, ink suppliers, printers and converters, while solving the widespread problem of measuring and matching colors on various substrates and surfaces.
With split-second measurement times and improved accuracy to simplify workflow, the eXact instrument is the first spectrophotometer in the industry to offer customers a way to measure true daylight conditions by supporting all the M Standards inclusive of the complete M1.
For today's needs of matching proof to press across many substrates, the X-Rite eXact brings to the supply chain a simple-to-use device that is fully compliant with ISO 13655:2009 measurement standards.
In addition to using advanced measurement technology, the new platform is easy to learn, thanks to the intuitive software and touch screen controls. The eXact instruments can be set up to position key elements in the order most likely to be needed by personnel such as press operators and operations managers, giving users instant access to the tools they need, often in a single click. The platform uses X-Rite Graphic Arts Standard (XRGA) and Color Exchange Format (CxF™) to communicate color for easy data exchange.
With flexibility to match a company's requirements and budget, the eXact series of spectrophotometers works seamlessly with other powerful X-Rite solutions for the printing industry, including Color iQC Print, InkFormulation 6, NetProfiler 3.0 and PantoneLIVE™ cloud-based color service that gives brand owners a means to connect their whole supply chains.
Color iQC Print and PantoneLIVE shave days off projects by making sure that all the links in the supply chain – from brand owners and designers to product production – have reliable and accurate color information when and where they need it.
Some of the features include:
- Faster measurement time of less than 1 second
- Sequential measurements of M0, M2 and M3
- An integrated tile for simplification and faster calibration
- Support of CxF standard for easy data exchange
- Color display with touch screen technology, offering intuitive software that minimizes the time it takes for operators to learn the instrument and options to streamline navigation of menus
- “Best Match” function quickly and easily determines if operators can achieve satisfactory matches on-press
- Automatic detection of patch types (solid, paper, half tone, overprint gray balance) to reduce operator error and speed measurements
- Integrated tools to determine if materials are within variety of standards (ISO, JPMA, G7, PSO) (Pro), as well as in-house standards/processes