HP announced at the HP Indigo Global Photo Summit new products and partner offerings that are designed to offer professional and consumer photo labs increased productivity as well as application versatility.
The HP Indigo Global Photo Summit is an annual forum designed to bring together photofinishers, photo labs and other graphic arts professionals from around the world. The new products and photo solutions announced at this event further reinforce HP’s strong value proposition and status as leading technology provider for the photo print market. New offerings include:
• The new HP Indigo WS6600p Digital Press, a web-fed photo press that produces high quality professional portraits, consumer cut prints and photo specialty products in addition to replacing traditional silver halide (AgX) equipment.
• An Ultimate Technographics, Inc. partnership featuring its Photo Automation System Solution (PASS), that is photo layout imposition software developed for HP Indigo WS6600p, and designed to drive complete production of cut-prints, from batch submission to finishing.
• A new partnership with Imaging Solutions AG, the leading high-volume AgX equipment vendor, enabling HP Indigo users to take advantage of multiple finishing products as part of a complete solution for photos and cut prints.
• An Athentech Imaging, Inc. partnership that enables HP Indigo users to take advantage of Perfectly Clear’s most advanced automatic image correction software. Perfectly Clear contains powerful technology applying over ten patented corrections automatically resulting in stunning images, while saving time and money in editing operations.
“The rapid adoption of digital photo apps and social networks is leading people to take, share and print more digital photos than ever before,” said Alon Bar-Shany, vice president and general manager, Indigo division, HP. “The productivity and versatility of the new HP Indigo WS6600p Digital Press enables our photo customers to capitalize on this growing trend.”
HP Indigo WS6600p Digital Press
The new HP Indigo WS6600p is a photo printing press that showcases improved ease-of-use, versatile applications as well as outstanding print and color quality across all photo substrates. The HP Indigo WS6600p also features a new imaging oil system, powerful and scalable Production Pro Print Server, and a Print Care 184.108.40.206 in addition to an inline scanner for diagnostics and troubleshooting.
The HP Indigo WS6600p includes light cyan, light magenta and light black inks, which create photo-realistic imaging when added to the standard CMYK ink set. This feature enables professional and consumer labs to replace traditional AgX production at a lower financial and environmental impact while maintaining product integrity. According to Wilhelm Imaging Research (WIR) the dark permanence rating of the pages produced on the press using Fleix Schoeller photo paper is more than 200 years. The application-focused web press platform is a basis for end-to-end solutions for various pre-press and post-press photo products such as cut prints, layflat books, book covers and calendars.
The HP Indigo WS6600p Digital Press is available now.
New partnerships expand HP Indigo offerings for end-to-end solutions
HP Indigo continues to expand its offerings to provide a first-rate experience for customers. The newly announced partner solutions address both print volume and quality demands.
As a result of the new alliance with Imaging Solutions, whose customers include leading photofinishers and global photo labs, HP Indigo users will benefit from multiple finishing capabilities. In addition, alliance will help expand HP Indigo’s range of finishing devices for photo specialty applications and complete the HP Indigo Photo Prints Solution.
The new solutions will also help HP to provide a cost-effective, high quality and lower environmental impact replacement of traditional AgX technology.
As part of the new relationship with Ultimate Technographics, HP Indigo announced the debut of Ultimate Technographics’ PASS, or photo layout imposition software. PASS features include:
• Layout operation that generates barcodes and eye marks for control of finishing devices;
• Job definition format (JDF) integrated to HP SmartStream Production Pro Digital Front End to simplify the workflow;
• Customized integration to on-line photo Order Management System; and
• Cut prints, e.g.10x15cm (4x6”), 13x18 cm (5x7”) JPEG imposition.
HP Indigo is also working with Athentech Imaging, Inc., a Canadian company specializing in imaging technologies across various industries, including health, printing and retail.
Perfectly Clear by Athentech Imaging is a leading automatic image correction technology and sets the industry standard for both consumers and professionals.
The Athentech alliance includes both Perfectly Clear LAB and Perfectly Clear API for use on HP Indigo Presses and enables high-volume, intelligent image correction for prints and photo merchandized products.