Epson America, Inc. announced that leading converter, Creative Labels Inc., has purchased and installed the Epson SurePress L-4033A. Creative Labels will be using the inkjet digital label press to produce vibrant, high-quality labels for numerous applications, including food and beverage, health and beauty, and technical goods.
“The current prime label market is very competitive and the Epson SurePress allows us to respond to small run jobs that demand high quality,” said Sandy Franzen, President and co-owner, Creative Labels. “We spent over a year testing label systems that lacked the commercial quality we were looking for. With the Epson SurePress, we are able to concentrate on sales, as we know we are producing labels that are both first class in quality and cost effective.”
Designed for prime label converters and commercial printers, the Epson SurePress L-4033A, as well as the recently introduced Epson SurePress L-4033AW with White ink, delivers innovative printing features that expand printing capabilities, making it a cost-effective and reliable solution. The Epson SurePress also offers short-runs for easier and more efficient label printing, as well as Variable Data Printing for maximum label customization.
“After looking at all the options in the market, the Epson SurePress provides us with better print quality than anyone else,” said Chris Martin, vice president and co-owner, Creative Labels. “We were especially impressed with the quality looking as if it could have been printed on a flexo press, but in perfect register, with no quality problems generally associated with flexo. In addition, the price point is something we can actually see a return on investment from in the short run label market.”
Franzen added, “We just acquired a new customer that had such complex graphic files for three labels that we would have had to not accept the job if it had not been for our SurePress. These labels had reversed out four point type in what was supplied as a four color process graphic file with the label backgrounds done in various screens and shades of either orange, green or brown. Printing in Hexachrome made these colors really pop, and when compared to a four color process print from our press proofer, we were blown away not only by the oranges and greens, but the depth and warmth of the browns as well.”
Additional Epson SurePress features include:
• High-Quality Labels: Epson’s acclaimed MicroPiezo inkjet technology with variable-size droplets as small as three picoliters provides ultra-precise drop formation and placement to deliver smooth gradations, remarkable color quality, and sharp detail for easy bar code readability, plus crisp small type and line work
• Industrial Quality Inks: Six-color (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, and Green), durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion and reproduce a wide range of colors; SurePress L-4033AW adds White ink
• Versatile Substrate Support: Prints on a range of standard, off-the-shelf materials including gloss, semi-gloss, matte, film, and clear, and metallic substrates
• Variable Web Width: Supports rolls from 3.15 to 13-inches wide up to 0.013-inches (0.32 mm) thick
• Enhanced Productivity: Time-consuming, short-run jobs can be transferred to SurePress for more flexibility and timely results at speeds up to 16 feet per minute
• Less Waste: No chemicals or plates are required in the pre-press process and less substrate and ink is used in make-ready for short-run jobs