BarkerBlue has significantly expanded its services with the addition of new advanced digital imaging solutions, including an HP FB 500 Scitex Flatbed Printer, a Zund G3 Router, twin HP Latex L26600 Plotters and an HP Indigo 3550 Press.
The investment in the new state-of-the-art digital imaging equipment was made to meet the growing demand from customers seeking the boldest, sharpest, highest quality color images for use in applications including annual reports and high-end direct mail catalogs, point-of-purchase posters (POP), and branding and marketing materials durable enough for use on department store floors and large enough to wrap the outside of a commercial building or cover large retail windows.
“Businesses of all sizes have an urgent need today to stand out and communicate clearly to their internal and external audiences, and few things speak louder than the bold use of vivid color images,” said Gene Klein, CEO of BarkerBlue. “We’re investing aggressively in the highest quality, highest performance, most advanced digital imaging systems because we see this new color technology enabling entirely new applications for our customers. Our new frontier is the white walls you see in stores and offices, and the floor-to-ceiling windows in buildings and retail shops. For us, all of that real estate represents a new and exciting color opportunity.”
Featuring increased speed and enhanced color quality and control, the ability to print on virtually any material, and the capability to create and cut images into about any shape and size, the new equipment positions BarkerBlue to address a new class of display graphics applications. Collectively, with this array of new imaging systems, BarkerBlue now partners with its customers to provide a comprehensive, single-source solution for the largest, most complex, highly integrated projects and campaigns, including a deep expertise in print graphics project management. Specifically, the new systems include:
• HP FB 500 Scitex Flatbed Printer:
Superior image quality (up to 1200 x 600 optimized dpi); 5’ x 10’ full-color projects, including white ink capability; and print on virtually any rigid or flexible media.
• Zund G3 Router:
The world's fastest, most precise image cutting system; features all the tools needed for cutting and routing objects of any shape on any materials, whether eco or traditional, rigid or flexible, including acrylics, metal, and fiberboard.
• HP Latex L26600 Plotter:
Highly efficient and eco-friendly system using water-based HP Latex Inks in Eco Mark-Certified ink cartridges; creates prints on FSC-certified HP wall paper that is GREENGUARD Children & Schools Certified SM and meets AgBB criteria; produces odorless prints.
• HP Indigo 3550 Digital Press:
Best-in-class color accuracy and consistency; offers variable-data imaging for personalized messaging, up to 5-color printing, true spot and brand color capabilities, and state-of-the-art color management.
BarkerBlue has a proven track record of meeting the most demanding creative digital imaging and print graphics assignments from some of the world’s most innovative companies and sophisticated brand marketers. Some of the company’s most recent assignments include:
• Cisco Systems: supporting the networking leader in a global brand launch in which freestanding bannerstands were created, produced and delivered to more than 100 Cisco offices around the world.
• AT&T: helping the telecommunications giant get the word out internally about their latest product offering, using supersized wall murals, banners and entry door coverings at AT&T campuses in Atlanta and Redmond, Washington.
• Suzuki Motorcycle Dealers: outfitting the Las Vegas convention space for the national meeting of Suzuki motorcycle dealers with new print ads, POP fixture graphics, large banners and portable display systems, all in large format display images.
• Macy’s : the marquee department store in San Francisco’s Union Square asked BarkerBlue to assist in rolling out a major Chanel holiday campaign, for which BarkerBlue created transparent pressure sensitive vinyl window coverings of Brad Pitt for the store’s 20-foot windows on Geary and Stockton Streets.
• Google: the Google Maps team wanted to dress up their space and add privacy to their conference rooms; BarkerBlue created supersized murals of landscape and cityscape photography for the group’s public spaces, and also produced super enlarged ‘Google Maps’ of specific Google offices from around the world that were digitally printed and mated with special ‘frost’ window films.