Having grown to more than 270 members since its inception in December 2012, the National Print Owners Association (NPOA) continues to expand the list of member benefits. One of the major new offerings is a unique, members-only service that lets members share with each other prices paid for key pieces of equipment purchased in the past six months. This Equipment Price Exchange encourages members to share purchase details for major equipment such as creasers, folders, copiers, large format printer, large-format printers, digital presses, etc.
Another new service for members is free downloadable Excel spread sheets: The Copier Analyst – a handy spreadsheet for determining breakeven and required selling prices required to produce a desired profit level on digital copiers; Budgeted Hourly Rates – a simple spreadsheet for determining "budgeted hourly rates" for specific pieces of equipment; and Breakeven Analysis – a useful spreadsheet for determining breakeven sales based upon known dollar amounts for fixed costs and ratios for variable expenses.
These offerings augment an already useful list of benefits including:
* A special NPOA Membership Profile report detailing annual sales, sales per employee, years in business, member expectations, and other important member information. Sample charts and graphs from the report are also available for non-member viewing at the NPOA website.
* Free Profitability Ratio Reports which examine key operating ratios and compares industry “profit leaders” with industry "profit laggards.”
* A free listing service of print shops for sale that is open to members and non-members alike who are interested in selling or purchasing an existing printing business.
* A member discount on the 2012-2013 Industry Pricing Study.
* Coming soon to the NPOA website will be virtual shop tours, short four- to eight-minute videos submitted by members. Several other member-suggested benefits will be rolled out during the course of the year.