Graphics of the Americas Expo & Conference (GOA) wrapped up its recent showcase at the Orange County Convention Center with reported attendance by 7,300 printing and graphic communications professionals. Renowned for its educational offerings in both English and Spanish, this year marks the highest participation to date in Spanish speaking seminars.
Graphics of the Americas will celebrate 39 years in 2014. The show is scheduled for February 27-March 1, 2014 at the Miami Beach Convention Center in Miami Beach, Florida, USA. Registration and information may be found at: www.goaexpo.com.
Show figures indicated that 62% of GOA attendance this year was from the U.S., with 38% international; and the Southeast, South America, and international regions producing the highest numbers of registrations. The top three countries in terms of participation were the United States, Columbia, and Dominican Republic.
"We've received a lot of positive feedback from both exhibitors and attendees alike, from the recent show in Orlando," says GOA CEO, George Ryan. "Many sales and connections were made on the show floor this year, which is always a draw to our unique exposition.
"We are especially thrilled with the attendance to the seminars offered in Spanish, as we broke records this year," Ryan continues. "Our team is constantly listening to show attendees and the industry at large, to pair the latest trends and technology with cutting-edge speakers to offer a seminar line-up like no other. Based on the feedback we're receiving, it sounds like this formula is working."
GOA 2013 Highlights
Highlights from this year's all-encompassing show offerings include:
• Landa executive Ohad Axelrod presented keynote address
"Nanography: The Second Digital Printing Revolution" to a sold-out crowd.
• The PrintMediaCentr debuted at GOA 2013, bringing an all-new, interactive design-centric zone right to the show floor.
• Frank Romano and Gustavo Adolfo Morales Velilla were named the 2013 Graphic Arts Leaders of the Americas (GALA) Award recipients.
• Ernesto Salviat E. was named this year's 2013 GALA Young Entrepreneur.
• Over 70 educational sessions addressed the latest industry trends in prepress and production; digital printing; sales and marketing; management; wide format; design and creative; publishing; Photoshop; web and interactive; and InDesign.
• Popular areas on the show floor offered attendees the opportunity to view live demonstrations, including: the new FlexoZone, presented by Nilpeter; The Wrap Center, featuring vehicle wrap demonstrations by Arlon & Mutoh; Wide Format Print Shop Live! featuring Caldera and Zund technology; Direct-to-Garment Center; and more.
• AGI hosted its Digital Classroom Live! series, presented by the team of authors and instructors who create the Digital Classroom set of books, videos, and online content.
The 39th Annual GOA Showcase - Miami Beach in 2014
For more information about exhibiting at, or attending, GOA 2014 at the Miami Beach Convention Center, please visit: www.goaexpo.com, or call: 1-800-331-0461.