Relyco, a leading provider of value-added business printing and payment solutions, announced that its complete line of digital substrates and media has been tested and approved by Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A. (Konica Minolta) for use on the bizhub PRESS C6000, C7000, and C8000 Color Digital Presses. As a result, Relyco’s REVLAR waterproof paper, DigiPOP digital packaging, REIMAGE carbonless laser paper, ULTRASEAL pressure seal forms, ID and membership cards, and more have been added to Konica Minolta’s Approved Media Guide.
Relyco will be showcasing its approved substrate solutions in the Konica Minolta booth (#125) at the Grafik’Art Montreal show on April 25th to April 27th.
“When choosing substrate solutions for their specific applications, our customers need the assurance that our vendor’s products will perform as expected in our bizhub PRESS digital presses,” said Dawn Nye, product marketing manager, production print for Konica Minolta. “We put the paper products through a battery of tests to ensure reliability and consistent image quality, so our customers know that we’re providing paper products that perform up to our high standards.”
Relyco Digital Substrate Solutions
• REVLAR Waterproof Paper – “Virtually Indestructible” synthetic polyester paper for thousands of applications where durable, waterproof, and tear-resistant paper is needed – no need to laminate
• DigiPOP Custom Flat-and-Fold Packaging – personalized custom digital packaging templates that go from flat sheet to dimensional items
• REIMAGE carbonless laser paper – quickly create multipart forms on demand in any laser printer or digital press
• ULTRASEAL Pressure Seal Self Mailer Forms – self-sealing direct mail forms and checks eliminate the need for envelopes
• ID and membership cards – full line of laser and digital compatible ID and membership cards available for any application
• DigiFLIP 4D Puzzle Cards – unique interactive business and greeting cards deliver messages in a remarkable way
“As a commercial print shop, we’ve used Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS color digital presses for years to provide all types of print service to our customers,” said Ron Barton, owner of Digital Ink Printing. “We’ve also been a Relyco partner for many years and have been an early adopter of many of their digital substrates. In particular, we have seen a huge demand for their REVLAR waterproof paper and DigiPOP packaging products.”
Konica Minolta’s Formalized Substrate Testing Process and Media Guide
Several factors, including increasingly higher production speeds, have necessitated closer inspection of substrates to assess their suitability for Konica Minolta bizhub PRESS digital presses. Papers must be well manufactured, run consistently, and generally meet the demands of the press from pick-up and registration through to toner transfer, fusing and exiting the press for post-processing steps. Konica Minolta’s approval process includes testing on feed, fusing, jamming, registration, slipping, curling, and scratching. Approved substrates are added to the new Media Guide, created for commercial printers as a trusted resource for a wide variety of substrates.