The National Association of Quick Printers (NAQP) announces publication of the 2013/2014 NAQP Sales & Marketing Study, the first sales and marketing study for the quick and small commercial printing segment. The study was produced for NAQP by Mitch Evans Consulting.
“There were a number of fascinating insights uncovered in our survey about how companies identify prospects and convert them into customers,” says Evans, who serves as Managing Director of NAQP. “We were able to get a clear picture of the sales and marketing strategies today’s quick and small commercial printers are using and how they handle various facets of the sales process, from estimates and order entry through ongoing customer communication.”
Among the topics reported on in the new study:
• A profile of respondents’ 10 top client industries, the percentage of the companies’ total sales each major client represents, and the top industry sales targets.
• A profile of the products and services sold, how they have changed over the last 12 months, and changes that are expected to take place in the coming year.
• A breakdown of how marketing and advertising dollars are spent as a percentage of total sales, plus types of marketing, effectiveness of each marketing type, use of social media, and primary marketing challenges.
• Information on top client relationships, including length of relationship, client acquisition method, frequency of client visits, and top client sales growth or decline.
• Also, type of CRM software used, lead generation methods, procedures for estimate write-ups and follow-ups, and sales/CSR training methods.
“This new study will be a valuable tool for quick and small commercial printers who want to benchmark their marketing budgets against those of their peers, see how other companies set expectations for their sales staff, and fine-tune their sales and marketing efforts,” says Evans.
“In short, it will be a significant asset for company owners and managers who are challenged to find the best ways to spend limited marketing dollars and implement a more effective sales process,” he adds.
The 2013/2014 NAQP Sales & Marketing Study (NQ1024), 62 pp., perfect bound, is available now for $155.00 (NAQP/NAPL members) and $249.00 (non-members), plus shipping and handling. For more information, or to order, go to http://ilnk.me/NP1024 or call (800) 642-6275, Ext. 6324 or Ext. 6349.