Author David Avrin and guitar virtuoso Mike Rayburn will provide highly informative and engaging keynote addresses at the National Association of Quick Printers (NAQP) 2013 Owners Conference, Nov. 7-10, at the Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center in Nashville, Tenn. The conference is geared specifically for mailers and quick & small commercial printers and will feature speakers and panels addressing the key issues faced by company owners and executives.
The program has been built according to members’ specifications, including requests for marketing information and entertaining presentations. David Avrin, author of the breakout marketing book, It’s Not Who You Know, It’s Who Knows You, provides both, with an informative and entertaining opening keynote program that will show attendees how to promote their true competitive advantage while building a strong brand identity. His address is sponsored by Xerox.
Luncheon keynoter on Nov. 9th is Mike Rayburn, aka “the world’s funniest guitar virtuoso,” whose unique musical interpretations will leave attendees laughing as he simultaneously encourages, challenges, and inspires them to move far beyond their perceived limitations.
And, as requested by those who saw her at the 2012 Owners Conference, business coach Nancy Proffitt will lead the closing session on Nov. 9th, recapping program takeaways and sending attendees home with ideas they can put to use immediately and effectively in their own business.
The packed agenda for the conference is geared to real-world problems, solutions, and opportunities, with sessions tackling everything from nuts and bolts tactical concerns to long-range strategic issues. Among the sessions being offered:
• “Adding Wide Format to Your Business”—A review of the basics for adding wide format services, including software, equipment, staffing, competition, and applications. Featuring Mark Jameson and Brian Boehm of FASTSIGNS, who will provide a “1-2-3 analysis” on the costs and opportunities of wide-format printing
• “Five Steps to Creating a Fail-Proof Sales Engine with Your Website”—Tawnya Starr, President of PrinterPresence, will reveal results from a study of printing companies increasing revenue year-over-year and growing profit margins. The session will identify the principles industry leaders follow to use their website as a sales tool, train customer service reps to incorporate the website into customer conversations, reach local customers with online catalogs, and identify top vertical markets to target.
• “How to Guarantee Sales Success” and “Prospecting Strategies that Get Results”? A general session and breakout, respectively, featuring super sales trainer Peter Ebner. He’ll show how his “STxA=R” formula?Strategy and Technique times Activity Equals Results?can make sales success a measurable and repeatable process.
• “How to Price Fulfillment Services”—John Rafner of the Association of Marketing Service Providers (AMSP) will discuss types of fulfillment, pricing concepts, the right fulfillment services for a smaller facility, what customers expect in 2013, available entry-level fulfillment technology, and the key metrics for ensuring that fulfillment operations improve the bottom line.
• “How to Set Up and Grow a Vertical Market Selling Political Printing”—Tom Carns, Former Owner, PDQ Printing, will explain how to establish a niche in the lucrative political printing market.