Visitors to the Komori America Booth #1251 at PRINT 13 will have the opportunity to witness how offset, digital print and social media marketing can work together seamlessly to drive new opportunities in print. Komori will demonstrate a hybrid workflow, using the six-color Lithrone SX29 (LSX629) and the Konica Minolta bizhub C8000 for the production of an eight-page brochure that is printed on the LSX629, then personalized and finished on the C8000. Driving the print decision process will be software solutions from PDQ and Axis that seamlessly integrate estimating, job scheduling and other MIS functions into the print production workflow.
Also making its North American debut as a technology preview is the KM-1/Impremia IS29 digital inkjet sheetfed UV printing system that was first shown at drupa 2012. This revolutionary product, co-developed by Komori and Konica Minolta, will be the first of its kind in the marketplace when it becomes commercially available in 2014. Following the theme KOMORI OnDemand, the company plans to showcase the following products and services:
OnDemand Print Solutions
• The Lithrone SX29 – Komori’s Offset OnDemand press will be in the booth to demonstrate its ability to combine the high print quality and high productivity of an offset press with the short runs and quick turnaround that are in demand today. Attendees will witness firsthand how the capabilities of Komori’s award-winning H-UV innovative curing system that delivers bindery-ready sheets coupled with its KHS-AI software with self-learning allows for consistent first-pull accuracy resulting in faster job cycle times.
• H-UV – This advanced curing system delivers bindery-ready sheets through the use of a new H-UV lamp and high sensitivity H-UV ink. Using only a single lamp to cure the sheet, this technology ensures high print quality and reliability and delivers economic and ecological advantages.
• KHS-AI – Designed to significantly reduce waste, especially critical in today’s economic climate, this intelligent software is continually learning the conditions of the press to keep it operating at peak efficiency. One of the keys to reducing waste is more consistent first pull accuracy. Komori incorporates self-learning into inking by intensely integrating the spectrophotometer with the console.
• KM-1/IS29 – Highlighting Digital OnDemand, will be the KM-1/IS29. Featured as a technology preview at PRINT 13, the KM-1/IS29 inkjet machine is a state-of-the-art 29-inch inkjet sheetfed printing system that is able to print in a six up format. Co-developed by two industry leaders, Komori and Konica Minolta, the KM-1/IS29 combines Komori’s reliable sheet handling technology with Konica Minolta’s superior UV inkjet technology to provide fast, high quality, reliable digital output. In addition, variable data printing and fast production speeds—3,300sph in straight and 1,650 in perfect mode, ensures that the KM-1/IS29 remains one of the most anticipated technologies to be launched in 2014.
Efficient Software Solutions
• PDQ – One of the most advanced estimating systems in the world, Komori will show how the speed and ease of use of PDQ can help increase business and at the same time allow printers the ability to make the most profitable workflow choices for every job while improving customer response time.