Xerox announced that Swiss photo lab Ifolor AG has recently purchased two Xerox iGen 150 Presses.
Ifolor AG is an international online provider of personalised photo products for consumers. The company’s product range includes photo books, calendars, greeting cards, wall decoration products and photo prints which it delivers to customers in Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Sweden and Switzerland.
The devices use Xerox MatchAssure, an advanced colour management solution that ensures continuous colour consistency, outstanding image quality and exceptional RGB workflow enabling Ifolor to achieve the best quality across all the company’s Xerox presses.
Ifolor will also use the Xerox Production Information Management System (PIMS) to monitor the productivity of the company’s iGens, providing real-time remote accessibility and operational data – such as production time, idle time and maintenance activity – at a glance, to enable the highest productivity.
“It’s vital for us to stay at the forefront of our industry. The new Xerox presses, in which we expect to invest further, offer a quantum leap in image quality and productivity,” said Helmar Hipp, chief executive officer, Ifolor AG. “The international nature of our activities and level of automation demand extremely high machine reliability as well as a responsive technology partner – Xerox meets both requirements.”
Xerox’s newest iGen 150 Press offers a choice of line screens giving printers complete control over image quality so that each piece – regardless of quantity or elements like photos, text images or colours – is consistent.
For example, the press’ new 210 line screen heightens the softness in skin tones while keeping the detail of hair and background images intact – these are capabilities printers need to stay competitive in the fast-growing photo marketplace.
“The colour and quality demands of the photo industry leave no room for error,” said Jeff Jacobson, president, Graphic Communications Operations, Xerox. “Ifolor is known for producing outstanding photo products and their use of the iGen 150 is a strong endorsement of the press’ ability to deliver these applications. Furthermore, Ifolor will gain a 25 per cent increase in productivity due to the iGen 150’s high speed.”
The iGen 150 Press reduces the time and effort needed to achieve consistent high-quality output with the following features:
• A 2400 x 2400 dpi imaging system delivers more information per square inch – improving details, uniform tints, flesh tones and sharpness.
• An Auto Density Control System detects and corrects streaks before they occur.
• Automated Colour Maintenance replaces and eliminates manual steps by analysing colour and notifying the operator when the press is ready for production.
• Automated Image-on-Paper technology eliminates manual setups for sheet sizes up to 660 mm – a time saver.
• Features such as Xerox’s Confident Colour, In-line Spectrophotometer, Auto Density Control and Matte Dry Ink, as well as Standard Gloss Dry Ink, which is now available as an option.