PRINT 13 exhibitors showcased the latest innovations and applications in the wide-format arena at "BIG - the Wide Format Pavilion", sponsored by the International Sign Association (ISA), the new for 2013 "Inkjet Candy Store" feature, and all across the PRINT 13 show floor. Attendees not only were able to see these hot new technologies in action but also learn more about their applications in the ISA Innovation and Application Theater inside the BIG pavilion and at the Ask the Expert station sponsored by The Big Picture magazine.
Wide-format is not new to PRINT or GRAPH EXPO. It has been an essential element on the show floor for many years. With the continuing evolution in wide format technologies and applications for sign and display shops-and increasing interest in entering the wide-format market by commercial printers-the expanded and enhanced PRINT 13 wide-format offerings provided the ideal venue for attendees to explore these advances and opportunities, and make show floor purchases from exhibitors that demonstrated their latest and greatest.
Some of the enthusiastic comments from exhibitors across the show floor included:
- Our PRINT 13 experience was exceptional! The crowds around our Excelagraphix - and the reactions attendees had to the Inkjet Candy Store, where Xanté was also featured kicked the Chicago experience up several notches. Cheers to a great industry, and a great tradeshow!-Robert Ross, CEO, Xanté
- "PRINT 13 was a great success for Fujifilm," said Todd Zimmerman, Vice President and General Manager, Fujifilm North America Corporation, Graphic Systems Division. "We are extremely proud to have this opportunity to offer our new and innovative inkjet technologies to the industry."
- According to Peter Vanderlaan, Director-Marketing, Fujifilm North America Corporation, Graphic Systems Division, "Fujifilm had it largest booth in history at PRINT 13. We featured six inkjet presses for commercial and wide format production, XMF Workflow solutions, plus Newspaper, Offset, Flexo, and Packaging products. With four live product presentations held throughout the five days, we generated large crowds and were very pleased with the attendee traffic."
- "PRINT 13 was an outstanding opportunity to showcase our latest wide-format inkjets to a large audience," said Andrew Oransky, Senior Director of Marketing & Product Management - Roland DGA Corp. "We were thrilled by the level of interest in wide format at the show, which seems to attract more qualified buyers each time it's held. I continue to be pleased by the growing number of leads and sales both PRINT 13 and GRAPH EXPO produce for our company."
- "We met a great number of buyers in both commercial print as well as sign and display shops at the show. PRINT and GRAPH EXPO are important expanding homes for these industry professionals. We had a great show!" - Roberto Rodriguez, President, Digital Graphic Systems
- "Mutoh America did really well at PRINT 13," according to Michelle Johnson, Corporate Events/Communications Manager. "We were able to sell equipment right from the show floor and generated great leads as a result of this face-to-face marketing. We saw dramatic growth in the attendee interest in wide-format inkjet printing and applications. Mutoh also was excited about the addition of new show features like the Inkjet Candy Store and the ISA Wide-Format Innovation and Application Theater. Participating in these gave us engagement beyond our booth and drove additional booth traffic."
- "Xerox is excited to enter the wide format inkjet market with the Xerox Wide Format IJP 2000. PRINT 13 helped us launch this product and we were thrilled with the high level of interest and leads as a direct result of this show."-Deana Conyard, World Wide Marketing and Training Manager - Inkjet Products, Xerox
- "PRINT 13 was an outstanding success for our first-time partnership with GASC," said Lori Anderson, International Sign Association (ISA) president and CEO. "The partnership was designed to provide relevant information on the growing sign industry and working together enabled both organizations to reach out beyond our existing customers to help the wide format inkjet industry grow and prosper. Based on the positive feedback we've received from attendees during and since the show, ISA is already on board to partner again with GASC for next year's GRAPH EXPO 14."
For those who were unable to attend PRINT 13 to see these wide format technologies, or want a refresher on the advanced technologies at the show, GASC will be hosting "PRINT 13 Recap: Hot Technology Highlights," a post-show webinar on Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at 1:00 pm EDT. Featuring presenter Hal Hinderliter, who ran the MUST SEE 'EMS technology competition for PRINT 13, the webinar will highlight a review of the wide format offerings at PRINT 13 presented by Melissa Lent of IT Strategies.
In its series of post-show updates, GASC is currently verifying PRINT 13 registration reports to next provide an accurate and detailed summary of actual buyers and demographic data. GASC will release this registration data by October 4.