The National Association for Printing Leadership (NAPL) will bring its one-day Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Workshop program ”Advanced Strategies in M&A for an Industry in Transition” to the Rochester, N.Y., area on Nov. 14, 2013.
“Strategic transactions to expand capabilities, enter new markets, grow customer lists, or achieve economies of scale are being completed or explored by companies of every size, region, and specialty in our industry today,” explains NAPL President & Chief Executive Officer Joseph P. Truncale, Ph.D. “If company executives want to learn more about the potential and the pitfalls of M&A, whether they’re interested in buying, selling, or transferring business ownership, this workshop provides the perfect, no-pressure opportunity to do so.
“Knowledgeable M&A veterans of our NAPL Business Advisory Team and frontline industry executives with a wide range of real-world experience in M&A transactions will explore every facet of M&A, from looking at the industry M&A environment to identifying partners, finding financing, and conducting post-merger activities, in a workshop setting that offers ample opportunity for individual questions and answers,” he continues.
Among the sessions currently planned for the Nov. 14 program:
• “Market Intelligence: Staying Relevant.” NAPL Senior Vice President and Chief Economist Andrew Paparozzi will present a summary of the new NAPL study, “Mergers and Acquisitions: A Growth Strategy for an Industry in Transition.”
• “New M&A Techniques and Strategies.” NAPL Senior Vice President Mark Hahn will moderate an industry panel that will explore how companies are using M&A successfully to enter the marketing arena or diversify services into non-traditional areas.
• “Post-Merger Integration, Milestones & Missteps.” NAPL Senior Vice President Mike Philie will moderate an industry panel on the integration of differing cultures and management styles after a merger is completed. Panelists will share their experiences and lessons learned.
• “Assessing Your Options for Growing Your Business Beyond Print.” NAPL Vice President and NAQP Managing Director Mitch Evans will moderate an industry panel that explores issues such as how companies are valued and priced and what to look for when seeking a new partner or acquisition to add an in-demand service to your current lineup.
• “Next Steps—Planning for the Future.” Mark Hahn returns to moderate a panel of industry experts and NAPL advisors who will look at the tactical steps that follow a strategic decision to enter the M&A arena, e.g., how to structure a strategic combination, how to find financing, and whether to trust your instincts or a balance sheet.
The program, sponsored by Xerox, will take place at the company’s Gil Hatch Center in nearby Webster, N.Y. An optional tour of the high-tech customer center, featuring the entire Xerox portfolio of digital technology and solutions, will be available for attendees.
Registration for the program is $245 (NAPL/ NAQP members); $299, non-members. Continental breakfast and lunch are included and all attendees receive a free copy of the book, Strategic Growth: The NAPL Guide to Mergers & Acquisitions, and the NAPL Research Center report, “Advanced Strategies in M&A for an Industry in Transition,” (a combined value of $138.) Go to www.napl.org/events/ma2013 for more information or to register; or contact Kathleen Appleton at (800) 642-6275, Ext. 6309, or firstname.lastname@example.org.