- "As manufacturers begin to implement a unified printing standard, customers will discover an entirely new way to print from their mobile devices - all without added set up procedures or app downloads." - vice president, Worldwide Integrated Marketing and Communications, Printing and Personal Systems, HP
- "The lack of easy print solutions has limited the usage of features and applications in mobile devices. The Mopria Alliance will open up the opportunity for innovative and convenient mobile printing and as well as the use of mobile devices." - Sungho Choi, Vice President, Standards & Technology Enabling, Samsung Electronics
- "The Mopria Alliance is all about simplicity. If a person is at home, in the office or traveling on the road, they want a simple, secure mobile printing experience. The Alliance embodies the freedom to print from anywhere from any device. It's that simple." - Karl Dueland, vice president , Solutions Delivery Unit, Xerox
- "As the inventor of cross-platform printing technology, Adobe is proud to be joining the Mopria Alliance. Creating an easy, high-quality printing experience for mobile users is core to Adobe's mission and we're pleased to work with the alliance to lend our expertise to this effort." -- Dennis Griffin, Director of Adobe Document Products.
- "IDC applauds this initiative by leading hardcopy equipment manufacturers to simplify and streamline user print experience from mobile touch points such as smart phones and tablets. Mobile print users will benefit from common standards, certified products and interoperability across the print ecosystem. It is great to see the print industry take on the challenge head-on to align, drive common standards across mobile devices, printer devices and mobile OS systems to meet the rapidly growing market need for mobile printing." - Dinesh Srirangpatna, Research Manager, Hardcopy usage Research Practice, IDC
Joining the Alliance
There will be different membership levels designed to support the goals of the Mopria Alliance while ensuring successful ubiquitous deployment of the standards.
Software application developers are a key target of the Alliance, and will be able to join the Mopria Alliance for free. They will need to accept the alliance's license agreement to use its SDK and download the APIs.
The Mopria standards will be available soon. Members of the Alliance will begin incorporating the standard in their products in the coming months.
For companies interested in joining the Mopria Alliance, please contact the alliance at: www.mopria.org/membership.