As Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia announces the official list of this year’s American Made Honorees, Mohawk salutes the honorees as well as the twelve Albany, NY-based businesses that were nominated in the American Made Audience Choice category.
This is the second year of Martha Stewart’s American Made program, which celebrates artists, creative entrepreneurs and small business owners who are powering an economic resurgence in this country. The upstate New York-based Mohawk is a Supporting Sponsor of American Made, and strongly supports those who make a living through making. The American Made awards and events will be held in NYC, October 15-17.
As Supporting Sponsor of American Made, Mohawk is pleased to support the honorees, and to recognize their hometown makers and entrepreneurs who entered the contest.
“Mohawk has taken pride in the art of papermaking for nearly a century. Generations of fine papermakers have honed their craft in our Cohoes and Waterford paper mills, and we are endlessly inspired by the artistry of makers in the Albany area and beyond. We’re very pleased to be a part of American Made, to celebrate the 2013 Honorees, and to support the talented makers and nominees who practice their craft in upstate New York,” said Bart Robinson, Vice President of Marketing at Mohawk.
Mohawk salutes the 2013 American Made nominees from the Capital Region:
• Design nominee: Manchester Wood: American Made Furniture, Ed & Priscilla Eriksen – Granville, NY
• Design nominee: Comfortcloth Weaving, Tegan Frisino - Glens Falls, NY
• Design nominee: Sculptural Tiles, Mark & Sara Boylen – Troy, NY
• Design nominee: Your Toy Portrait, Jennifer Maher - Ballston Spa, NY
• Food nominee: Bilinski’s Sausage, Stacie Schonwetter-Waters & Steve Schonwetter – Cohoes, NY
• Food nominee: La Bella Cucina, Meesh’s Marinara, Michelle Moricone – Albany, NY
• Food nominee: Berrylicious Bouquets, Shannon Allitt - Middle Grove, NY
• Food nominee: Leslie’s Humble Pie, Leslie Davidson – Valatie, NY
• Craft nominee: Beltane Pottery and Art Studio, Cathryn Hunt – Galway, NY
• Craft nominee: The Story Tree, Tammy Liu-Haller - South Westerlo, NY
• Craft nominee: Tandj Soap, Theresa Van Duyne –Troy, NY
• Style nominee: Name Bubbles, Michelle Brandriss – Clifton Park, NY
Mohawk fine papers have been hand-selected by Martha Stewart and are being used exclusively for all American Made communications and events, including formal invitations to the red-carpet awards ceremony, official event programs, event brochures, and event signage.
The red carpet awards invitation was printed on Mohawk Superfine Eggshell Ultrawhite (130 double thick cover). Mohawk produced and converted the matching custom envelopes (A7 Superfine Eggshell Ultrawhite 100 text) and diecut the apple green tissue liners. The invitation and matching envelope feature impeccable design details including laser diecut lettering and crisp apple green letterpress logo and printing. (Photo attached)
October 16, the American Made Workshop will feature a full day of hands-on classes led by Martha Stewart Living editors, expert panels and discussions, shopping, and a tasting room. It’s an opportunity to learn from Martha Stewart, and interact with editors, celebrities, innovators and creative entrepreneurs from across the country.