EFI will showcase the latest advancements in its industry-leading portfolio of UV-curable inkjet printers, workflow software and MIS/ERP products at the 2013 SGIA Expo. New offerings will include the 3.2-meter EFI VUTEk GS3250LXr Pro, the first dedicated roll-to-roll printer to use EFI’s highly successful LED “cool cure” technology.
“Our SGIA exhibit highlights the new opportunities customers have to expand their media options, remove process steps, reduce operating costs and produce higher-margin jobs,” said Scott Schinlever, senior vice president and general manager of EFI’s Inkjet Solutions. “With the new VUTEk GS3250LXr Pro, we are extending the benefits they get with our LED curing technology – a proven, green technology that saves many of our customers money by reducing their consumables waste and energy consumption. This technology also provides higher uptime with greater reliability because it uses no traditional heat in the curing process.”
With the launch of the VUTEk GS3250LXr Pro, EFI – a winner of SGIA’s 2013 Sustainability Recognition Award – now has the industry’s largest fleet of environmentally friendly LED inkjet production offerings. VUTEk LED printers are also part of the industry’s broadest portfolio of digital inkjet and print workflow products. EFI’s portfolio is a collective offering that features narrow web, wide format and superwide format printers; market-leading MIS, ERP and web-to-print systems; and EFI Fiery, the world’s most popular color digital front end (DFE) platform.
At the SGIA Expo, EFI is also announcing commercial availability for its VUTEk GS Pro-TF thermoforming system, a UV printer and ink combination that advances the industry’s analog-to-digital transformation by bringing inkjet printing to the thermoformed product decoration market. Printing firm Interstate Graphics Inc., Machesney Park, Ill., is the first business to use the technology, following the October installation of a 2-meter VUTEk GS2000 Pro-TF printer operating VUTEk GS-TF inks.
“Today, we do screenprinting for customers who want thermoformed work,” said Interstate Graphics President John Norwood. “Our new EFI VUTEk GS200 Pro-TF is an option for them to go digital.”
Additional EFI technologies on display at the SGIA Expo include:
- The EFI VUTEk HS100 Pro, a high-end, high-speed 3.2-meter inkjet press with new, full-automation material handling options that provide greater efficiency in the transition from analog to digital printing.
- The EFI VUTEk GS3250LX Pro, a 3.2-meter, premium-quality printer that offers LED’s green, energy-saving benefits in a hybrid roll/flatbed format.
- The EFI VUTEk QS2 Pro, a 2-meter, UV hybrid printer that combines variable-drop grayscale printing and white ink print capabilities with VUTEk production speeds.
- A pair of EFI Wide Format high-value, entry-level products – the EFI R3225 UV roll-to-roll printer and the EFI H652 UV hybrid roll/flatbed printer.
- The EFI Fiery proServer, a high-performance digital front end and color management workflow offering for VUTEk printers.
- EFI Metrix planning and impositioning software, a product EFI obtained in its recent acquisition of Metrix Software.
- Industry-leading workflow products, including EFI PrintSmith Vision and Pace print MIS software, and EFI Digital StoreFront web-to-print software.
- EFI SmartSign Analytics, a powerful new tool that gives users the ability to analyze the effectiveness of their signage engagements.