MCS has opened its new national demonstration center in Bolingbrook, IL. The 10,000 sqft facility showcases technology solutions for production direct-mailers including color and B&W digital presses (both cut sheet and continuous-form), high-speed insertion, Camera and Read/Print Systems, Inkjet systems and Pre-Post equipment.
The facility is equipped with solutions from the MCS product line as well as other leading providers to the direct-mail industry. Rather than showing single-manufacturer products, the focus is on a variety of technologies that can be employed to help customers increase production, lower production costs and compete with the leaders in the field.
MCS CEO David Loos commented on the intended purpose of the Bolingbrook demo center: "Our goal with this new center is to show the techniques and solutions that best-in-class mailers are employing to reduce costs and increase production. It will be a center that we can use to train customers as well as demonstrate new products." Loos added: "More than having just a showroom of equipment, we have software and workflow solutions to connect all of the dots. Color and B/W print servers, print-stream transformation products as well as variable-data composition tools can be used to emulate the best methods for jobs to move through your facility."
The facility will also be used to show the latest products introduced to the industry. Just prior to the open house, a direct-mail version of a Pitney Bowes inserter operating at over 20,000 inserts per hour will be installed.
Visitors to the facility can learn about:
- How almost any shop can now afford a continuous-form laser system
- The latest advances in high-quality, high-speed inkjets including: UV, Water and the new FlexPrint Ink for coated stocks
- The latest MCS HP addressing system
- The newest trends in camera system opportunities
- High speed inserting and matching (up to 22k per hour)
- The low cost of getting into digital color printing
- The best B&W options for cut-sheet laser printing
- The latest print server and document composition solutions designed for direct mail
- Low-cost continuous-forms printers with speeds up to 1,220 ppm