Yupo Corporation America has issued a call for entries for the 2014 Wally Awards. Entries will be judged during the HOW Design Conference in Boston, May 12-16, 2014. Winners announced online following the HOW show.
“Designers, marketers, artists, brand managers—all creatives are invited to enter their projects made with YUPO,” said Bill Hewitt, Yupo’s marketing manager. “Any creation that uses YUPO – from labels to menus, maps to posters, artistic pieces to packaging – could be the next Wally Award winner,” he said. There is NO cost to enter the Wally Awards.
“Judges will consider the entries for such qualities as functionality, originality, creativity and 'personality',” Hewitt explained.
Once again, industry professionals and design students credentialed at the annual HOW Design Conference may cast votes to select Wally Award winners. Wallys will be awarded in three separate categories—design, package design and artist entries. Winners will receive:
Best Design Entry ($2,500 prize)
Best Package Design Entry ($2,500 prize)
Best Artist Entry (YUPO Synthetic Paper sample pack)
The three winners will be announced via Yupo’s Facebook page, Instagram and Twitter feed after the conference closes on May 16, 2014.
- FREE TO ENTER! There is NO entry fee to participate in the Wally Awards
- All projects created on YUPO Synthetic Papers that have not been previously submitted are eligible for submission
- Entry deadline is April 15, 2014, received at Yupo’s headquarters in Chesapeake, Va.
- Descriptions accompanying the entries will help judges learn more about each project and why YUPO was selected as the preferred paper solution.
How to Enter:
- All candidates must register at http://yupousa.com/wally-awards/registration/
- Entries include a short description explaining why YUPO paper was chosen for the job
- Six (6) actual printed, illustrated or converted samples must be submitted to:
Yupo Corporation America
Attn: Wally Awards
800 Yupo Court
Chesapeake, VA 23320
- All submissions become the property of Yupo Corporation
- Projects previously submitted for past Wally Awards will not be considered
- Detailed rules and regulations are found at http://yupousa.com/wally-awards/
- All entry samples must be postmarked by April 15, 2014.