FESPA Awards 2014 - Best in Show
FESPA Awards 2014 - Hall of Fame
FESPA Awards 2014 - Peoples Choice
FESPA Awards 2014 - Young Star
FESPA revealed the winners of its 2014 Awards at a Celebration Dinner held at Löwenbräukeller, Munich, on Thursday 22 May, the penultimate night of FESPA Digital 2014.
The 2014 Awards attracted entries from across 24 countries, with the top prizes being given to entrants from across Europe, Asia and Australasia. By opening entry to all printers, regardless of their membership of a FESPA national association, the FESPA Awards attracted entries from countries previously not represented, including Malaysia and New Zealand.
This year’s winning pieces included innovative entries across all categories, including a 60ft wrapped boat, a wrapped cable car and more than 30 t-shirt entries. The Garment and Special Effect categories proved to be the most popular among entrants.
Following months of voting online, the 2014 People’s Choice of the Year Award was presented to A-Design, Russia, for their skull t-shirt entry in the Garment and Functional Printing category in which they also won Gold.
The Best in Show Award went to ZEGO Promotion & Logistik GmbH, Germany, for its entry in the Garment Decoration of the Year category. This entry – a Daft Punk themed varsity jacket which combined a variety of different printing techniques – was universally considered the most outstanding example of innovation, grabbing the attention of every judge across the ten categories.
The Young Star Award was awarded to Eleni Bourazanisfrom England, who has won a six month internship with Mimaki.
The winners in the application categories are:
- Fine Art Print of the Year: Marvel Graphic Studio, India
- Functional Print of the Year: LUXeXcel Printoptical Technology, The Netherlands
- Garment Decoration of the Year: A-Design, Russia
- In-store project of the Year: Press On, England
- Integrated print campaign of the Year: Horizon Digital Print, Ireland
- Interior Decoration of the Year: Van Iwaarden Artwork, The Netherlands
- Outdoor and Vehicle Project of the Year: Raccoon London, England
- Special Effects Print of the Year: Foster Screenprinting / Arria Design Group, New Zealand
In addition to the application categories and People’s Choice Award, the Hall of Fame Printer of the Year, voted for by printers, was also announced at the Awards Celebration Dinner, with the honour going to Keith Ferrell, Cactus Imaging, Australia.
The FESPA Awards celebrate print excellence, inviting printers from FESPA’s global print community to demonstrate their most creative and inspiring work.
The Awards were judged at FESPA’s thought-leadership event, the FESPA Global Summit in March 2014. Since then they have been showcased online for people to vote for their favourite to win People’s Choice of the Year. All shortlisted entries were also on display at FESPA Digital 2014 and will continue on a global tour to FESPA Africa (2-4 July 2014), Mexico (21-23 August 2014), China (19-21 November 2014), Eurasia (4-7 December 2014) and Brazil (18-21 March 2015), reaching a global audience. The winning work will also be showcased atwww.fespa.com/awards.
Duncan MacOwan, Head of New Media & Events comments: “Congratulations go to all our winners and finalists from this year’s Awards. The entries have shown the power of print to create impact across all types of brief. It’s great to have been able to share these shining examples of creativity and best practice, which mirror the FESPA Digital ‘Dive Deeper into Digital’ theme, showing the diverse range of applications made possible by wide format print.
“By opening the FESPA Awards to all printers regardless of their membership of a FESPA association, we have given PSPs from across the world the opportunity to showcase what they can do. The aim of the Awards is to recognise the talent of our global print community and to inspire others. From the quality and breadth of entries I’m sure that this has been the case!”
The full results of the FESPA 2014 Awards are as follows:
Fine Art Print of the Year
- Gold Marvel Graphic Studio India
- Silver Marvel Graphic Studio India
- Bronze Book Art Museum Poland
Functional Print of the Year
- Gold LUXeXceL - Printoptical Technology Netherlands
- Silver VCG Colourlink UK
- Bronze Keetronics (I) Pvt Ltd. India
Garment Decoration of the Year
- Gold A-Design Russia
- Silver Midi Print LLC Russia
- Bronze Pramukh Embroidery India
In-store project of the Year
- Gold Press On England
- Silver Foster Screenprinting / Arria Design Group New Zealand
- Bronze Charterhouse UK
Integrated print campaign of the Year
- Gold Horizon Digital Print Ireland
Interior Decoration of the Year
- Gold Van Iwaarden Artwork Netherlands
- Silver Marmony GmbH Germany
- Bronze Digital Plus Ltd England
Outdoor and Vehicle Project of the Year
- Gold Raccoon London England
- Silver Print Works United Arab Emirates
- Bronze Grapefruit Graphics England
Special Effects Print of the Year
- Gold Foster Screenprinting / Arria Design Group New Zealand
- Silver MIDI PRINT LLC Russia
- Bronze Perfect Packaging India