Label, flexible packaging and forms printing company Precision Press has agreed to present insight into their experiences researching and ultimately implementing EB curing technology into their production processes at the upcoming EB Benefits in Packaging series of seminars this fall.
Targeting flexible packaging producers, label printers, folding carton converters and brand owners, this regional one-day event will provide an overview of EB technology and the impact it is having on the printing, packaging, and converting industries. The event will cover the financial, sustainability and safety ramifications of using electron beam (EB) technology, including examples how today’s packagers, materials developers and press manufacturers are adopting their business models to accommodate EB use.
Lane Gravley, Precision Press General Manager of Labels and Packaging, will present Putting It All Together: EB Packaging in Process, chronicling how Precision Press came to the decision to adopt EB curing, the process they took to select the EB system that they did, and the challenges and benefits they have since encountered while working with this technology.
This seminar, hosted by BroadBeamTM EB system manufacturer PCT Engineered Systems, will feature a number of industry leaders presenting insight on a variety of EB-related package printing topics, including:
• Recent EB Innovations That Are Changing Package Converting
• Sustainability Benefits of EB Curing in Food Packaging
• EB Chemistry’s Role in Global Food Packaging Safety
• Ink and Coating Evolution To Accommodate EB Curing
• EB Printing Press Design Considerations, and
• Food Safety Regulations and Principles Applicable to the Packaging Industry
This seminar will be offered regionally, in:
· Milwaukee, September 16, 2014: Aloft, 1230 N Old World 3rd St, Milwaukee, WI 53212, (414) 226-0122
· Atlanta, November 11, 2014: Wyndham Buckhead, 3600 Piedmont Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30305, (404) 869-1100
· Newark, January 13, 2015: Liberty International Airport Marriott, 1 Hotel Rd, Newark, NJ 07114, (973) 623-0006
The cost to participate is $295 per person for reservations made before August 15, 2014 ($395 after this date). This fee includes all seminar and presentation materials, lunch, and an on-site networking reception following the seminar. Please contact John Salkeld at PCT at email@example.com to make a reservation, get more event details, or to register to receive more EB Benefits in Packaging information as it becomes available.
Located in South Central Minnesota, Precision Press is a label, flexible packaging and forms printing company. Possessing a modern 213,000 square-foot facility, they are part of the Taylor Corporation family of global providers, a Forbes Private 200 company, and one of the top 5 graphic communications and commercial print companies in North America. Additional information about Precision Press can be found at www.precisionpressinc.com .
PCT is a global leader in the design and implementation of industrial electron beam systems. From their location in Davenport, Iowa, USA, PCT has provided engineering services, automation systems integration, and custom machine building worldwide since 1986. Additional information about PCT can be found at www.teampct.com .