Mimaki Engineering Co Ltd. has announced the superwide inkjet printer JV33-260. The 2.60 m (103-inch) wide machine is equipped with Mimaki's Auto Media Feeder (AMF) for rolls up to 100 kg (220 pounds) as standard feature and Mimaki's bulk ink supply system (MBIS).
Since its introduction in 2003 the solvent superwide format printer JV3-250SP has evolved to one of the best-selling machines in its market. The JV33 series has already made big inroads into its class, one year after its successful introduction to the market. To succeed the JV3-250SP Mimaki now introduces the even more advanced JV33-series superwide model with a width of 2.6 m.
Superwide printer models require a secure media handling especially for heavy rolls and substrates. The new AMF (automatic media feeder) comes as standard on the JV33-260, thus ensuring outstandingly exact media tension control over the whole printing width of 2.6 m even when using roll-based substrates of up to 100 kg for superb print quality. In addition JV33-260 incorporates Mimaki's print assist function for two-sided print enabling edgeless printing while printing on both sides of transparent substrates that can be seen without backlight in daylight conditions or with backlight in the dark for superb vivid prints. Operating costs can be decisively reduced by employing Mimaki's new bulk ink system (MBIS) another feature of the machine. JV33-260 is available in both solvent and water-based versions.. Especially for dye sublimation printing substantial cost reduction can be achieved by using the new Sb52 2 liter ink containers and MBIS. Mimaki has priced its newest offering competitively in order to correspond to customers¹ desire for a highly productive and cost-efficient superwide format printer exhibiting exceptional print quality.
1. MBIS ? Mimaki Bulk Ink System offering decisive cost savings (optionally)
2. Mimaki's print assist function for Flexibleface for two-sided printing and opaque tarpaulin
3. Ensuring high print quality by tension control and stabilization via AMF+ weight take-up device even when printing on heavy substrates or long rolls
4. Mimaki UISS (Uninterrupted ink Supply System) for continuous unattended long print runs with automatic cartridge supply changes
5. Excellent print quality even at 2.6 m print width due to variable dot sizes and a maximum resolution of 1440 dpi
6. Choice of three ink types featuring high density and colorful images: dye sublimation ink Sb52, solvent ink SS21 and eco-solvent ink ES3
"In launching the 2,6 m wide JV33 model for the superwide printing market Mimaki builds upon the successful market entrance of its best-selling JV33 series for the large-format market. We are sure that our customers will be able to enhance their productivity as well as experience significant cost savings with the advanced features on the JV33-260," said Shinichi Uehara, general manager of SG (Sign and Graphics) business unit. "Once again, Mimaki has underlined its commitment by bringing innovative and top of its class technology to market."