Designed to reduce the impact of printing on the environment, HP Latex Inks produce odorless prints that allow placement in point-of-purchase environments where odor is a concern. HP Latex Inks are non-flammable and non-combustible, do not require hazard warning labels, and contain no hazardous air pollutants (HAPs). Additionally, no special ventilation equipment or external dryer is required and the HP Designjet L25500 Printer features the Energy Star rating, which demonstrates compliance with strict energy-efficiency guidelines.
HP also introduced six Original HP printing materials compatible with HP Latex Ink printers. These additions expand the portfolio to 19 printing materials, including seven recyclable substrates and several PVC-free alternatives.
- HP White Satin Poster Paper?a multi-layer, bright-white coated paper developed to provide durability and excellent image quality for indoor and outdoor advertising applications and can be recycled through commonly available recycling programs
- HP One-view Perforated Adhesive Window Vinyl?a self-adhesive vinyl, designed particularly for window graphics, with a perforated, black back film and white paper liner that provides stunning graphics on one side and a clear view from the other
- HP Air Release Adhesive Gloss Cast Vinyl?a high-performance white cast vinyl with a gloss finish and an opaque permanent adhesive that provides clean removability, laminated outdoor durability up to five years for vehicle and fleet graphics applications and a new HP Performance Warranty when used with the HP Clear Gloss Cast Overlaminate
- HP PVC-free Gloss Adhesive Film?a PVC-free alternative to monomeric vinyl that offers excellent performance in a white film with a gloss-satin finish and a permanent, repositionable adhesive for strong adhesion and outdoor durability as well as glass and all-purpose cleaner rub resistance
- HP PVC-free Wall Paper?a flame retardant, strippable, pre-pasted wall paper with an ultra-smooth finish that provides vivid color, high-definition detail for close viewing and an odor-free alternative to PVC for wall murals and creative designs; provides up to 20 years display permanence indoors, away from direct sun; easy-to-install paper also tears off easily and comes with an HP warranty for clean removal
- HP Light Textile Display Banner?a PVC-free, flame-retardant, uncoated polyester textile banner material that delivers long-lasting indoor image quality, dimensional stability during printing and is recyclable through the HP Large-format Media take-back program
HP also expanded the HP Planet Partners program to include the HP Large-format Media take-back program in the US and select countries in Europe, allowing customers to return and recycle prints produced with HP Latex Inks on HP recyclable media as well as Original HP 789 Latex Designjet Ink Cartridges and Printheads at no additional cost. Customers simply pack up the used media and HP pays the shipping charges and handles sorting and recycling.
The HP Designjet L25500 Printer will be demonstrated publicly for the first time in the HP booth in Hall 8A G20 at VISCOM Germany in Dusseldorf, Oct. 1-3, and is expected to begin shipping this year and be available worldwide in early 2010.