KBA North America is introducing the DensiTronic PDF reader for its sheetfed offset presses. This scanning system can be added onto the press as a part of the KBA DensiTronic Professional closed-loop scanning spectrodensitometer system that provides density and color measuring for quality control both during and after printing. The integrated system provides detailed documented quality reports from the printer, 300 dpi resolution, and detection. It is the only system designed for sheets up to 47x64”.
Here’s how the system works:
- Operating software for the PDF scanner is integrated in the DensiTronic Professional standard user interface
- A scanner beam incorporating a series of individual cameras produces an image every .7874 inches
- Scan resolution 300ppi
- Measuring time is approx. 60 seconds in 29 x 41-inch format
- Individual elements stitched into an overall image on the system computer
- Overall image passed to the quality control program
- Parallel import of the reference PDF (automatic or manual)
- Definition of the monitoring parameters (error size threshold, error contrast, max. dot gain from squeeze, max. register offset, color mode, resolution) via simple screen menus
- Comparison of the overall image against the PDF file
- Test certificate plus comprehensive reporting and evaluation functions are produced as either a simple, single-page statement to a detailed report, either as a PDF file or in paper form.