KBA North America, a global press manufacturer based in Dallas, Texas, is introducing its new and unique DensiTronic PDF reader for its sheetfed offset presses. This new scanning system can be easily added onto the press as a part of the KBA DensiTronic Professional closed-loop scanning spectrodensitometer system that provides density and color measuring for quality control both during and after printing.
“Once again KBA leads the industry with the introduction of a highly-automated PDF reader,” says Chris Travis, KBA director of technology. “KBA customers who use this system can provide assurance to their customers that they are capturing every pixel from the approved PDF onto the printed sheet thus assuring a perfect match. The printed sheet is compared to the original PDF resulting in less waste and achieving the required quality faster.”
The DensiTronic PDF reader provides a wide range of benefits for its KBA customers. It provides detailed documented quality reports from the printer, and reduces waste since errors are detected at the beginning of the press run. “The DensiTronic PDF reader provides reliable detection of small, difficult-to-spot errors,” says Travis. “It is the only integrated system with 300 dpi resolution and detection and the only system designed for sheets up to 47 x 64-inches.”
Here’s how the DensiTronic PDF reader works:
- Operating software for the PDF scanner is integrated in the DensiTronic Professional standard user interface
- A scanner beam incorporating a series of individual cameras produces an image every .7874 inches
- Scan resolution 300ppi
- Measuring time is approx. 60 seconds in 29 x 41-inch format
- Individual elements stitched into an overall image on the system computer
- Overall image passed to the quality control program
- Parallel import of the reference PDF (automatic or manual)
- Definition of the monitoring parameters (error size threshold, error contrast, max. dot gain from squeeze, max. register offset, color mode, resolution) via simple screen menus
- Comparison of the overall image against the PDF file
- Test certificate plus comprehensive reporting and evaluation functions are produced as either a simple, single-page statement to a detailed report, either as a PDF file or in paper form.
KBA - directory.myprintresource.com/10006232