Appleton Coated’s new Utopia Swatchbook organizes its six lines of paper by grade level and environmental attributes—all under the theme of “the perfect pairing.” The swatchbook contains samples of every basis weight, shade, and finish as well as stocking information for each paper option:
* Utopia Premium in Gloss, Silk, and Ivory Silk—This triple-coated, super-smooth sheet optimizes the printing surface for heavy ink coverage. Utopia Premium is an FSC-certified, virgin fiber product.
* Utopia One (U1) in Gloss, Dull, and Matte—This soft blue-white shade with high paper gloss and surface smoothness provides a clean, neutral backdrop that is ideal for flesh tones and warm color palettes. U1 is a visual shade match to Utopia Premium. This FSC-certified paper contains a minimum of 10% PCW.
* U1X:Green in Gloss, Silk, and Matte—The extra-bright, extra-blue shade maximizes the contrast between printed and non-printed areas to make images seem to pop off the page. U1X:Green is FSC-certified, manufactured with Green Power, and contains a minimum of 20% PCW.
* Utopia Two (U2) in Gloss, Dull, and Matte—In a clean blue-white shade, U2 takes projects from cut-size to super-size sheets, and to high-quantity web runs. Both web and sheets contain a minimum of 10% PCW. U2 sheets are FSC-certified.
* U2:XG in Gloss, Dull, Matte, and Ivory Matte—FSC-certified, this sheet contains 30% PCW and is manufactured with Green Power. The blue-white shade of U2:XG easily mixes and matches with standard U2.
* Utopia Three (U3) in Matte—This softly-textured sheet is a good choice for budget-conscious, high-volume, and direct mail applications. An FSC-certified, virgin fiber product, U3 can be specified with up to 30% PCW.
To request the new Utopia Swatchbook, please visit http://www.utopiapaper.com and click on “Order Samples.”