Océ has announced the new Océ ColorWave 300 Top Delivery Tray. This is the world’s first stacker that stacks many types of inkjet media on top of the printer, reducing space requirements to a minimum.
Traditionally, collecting and stacking large format inkjet prints is cumbersome. Prints are usually delivered in a tray or bag in front or behind the printer. As a consequence, the order of the prints gets lost, and it can be troublesome finding the right print. Moreover, there is also a high risk of damaging the print. This situation can be improved with a flat stacking table behind or in front of the printer. However, these tables not only occupy considerable floor space but also consume significant energy by applying a heated roll to flatten out the curl of the inkjet media.
With the Océ ColorWave 300, Océ introduced the world’s first true single footprint multifunctional system for large format color and B&W documents. When mounted on top of the Océ ColorWave 300 system, the Top Delivery Tray can stack up to 50 sheets of inkjet media.
Unique Océ technologies within the Top Delivery Tray ensure neat and reliable stacking that save considerable time in collating the output. These technologies include:
- Dynamic Anti-Curl Feature: Inkjet media is delivered on two-inch cores, which can result in strong curl of the paper, especially at the end of the roll. Curled paper is most difficult to handle and often creates paper jams in traditional horizontal stackers. The Océ ColorWave 300 Top Delivery Tray has a dynamic anti-curl (DAC) feature that deals with the curl dynamically. The DAC feature straightens the paper curl, without applying heat (energy).
- Smart Media Path Design: There is a huge variety of inkjet media including plain, coated, and photo paper. The Top Delivery Tray can stack many different media types and thicknesses because of the straight media path. The Océ ColorWave 300 system with the Top Delivery Tray is designed in such a way that sharp curves are avoided.
- Drying Time Management: Depending on the ink coverage and the media type, drying time after printing must be taken into account to avoid damaging the prints. The Océ ColorWave 300 system determines the drying time of each media type automatically. The prints and copies will only be transported to the Top Delivery Tray when they are dry.
- Air Separation: When sliding large-format prints on top of each other, resistance between two sheets can cause skewed stacking or media to be pushed from a stacker and fall on the ground. These problems are solved on the Océ ColorWave 300 Top Delivery Tray by applying air separation between the sheets, reducing the resistance.
The Top Delivery Tray delivers additional benefits to users, including:
- Conserves valuable floor space, no large stacking table required.
- Decreases time spent, no manual collation required.
- Saves money, no reprint of damaged prints required.
- Reduces energy usage, no heated roll needed to flatten curled media.