Avanti Computer Systems launched Version 12 of its Graphic Arts Management System. Version 12 builds on previous versions of Avanti’s core Print MIS and incorporates new capabilities, providing customers with enhanced print shop intelligence. Version 12 also provides new functionality enhancements to Avanti’s Finite Capacity Scheduling and Purchasing and Inventory Management modules, such as:
- JDF-based job status updates can now automatically update milestones in Avanti’s Finite Capacity Scheduling module,
- Avanti’s Purchasing and Inventory Management application now interfaces with XPEDX, automating the web submission process of purchase orders.
In addition, many user requested enhancements have been added to Avanti’s Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and eDashboard Business Intelligence modules. Selected enhancements include:
- Aggregation and reporting of customer orders, quotes, print job status and other important shop information which can be tracked in Avanti eDashboards through a simple, easy-to-use GUI,
- New business generation and lead tracking capabilities in CRM,
- Microsoft Outlook integration within CRM including automatic synchronization of emails, contacts, tasks and appointments bi-directionally.
Early feedback on Avanti’s CRM/Microsoft Outlook integration has been very positive both from Avanti customers and analysts. Avanti won the “Best of Show” award in the Print MIS/ERP category at the On Demand 2010 Conference and Expo.
Another important addition to Version 12 is the bi-directional integration of Avanti Print MIS with Printable Technology’s Web-to-Print application. This further automates print shop workflows and provides customers with the ability to manage and track projects remotely at anytime and from anyplace. Other leading third part integrations to be included in Version 12 are NowDocs, XMPie and Heidelberg Prinect.