Extensis has announced the immediate availability of Suitcase Fusion 3, the newest version of the professional-grade font manager for Macintosh and Windows operating systems.
Designers are inherently multi-disciplined and often need to articulate their designs uniformly across multiple publishing media—both printed and the Web.
Suitcase Fusion enables designers to browse, preview, select and manage fonts wherever they may be required—from the desktop to the web.
Features of Suitcase Fusion 3 include:
• Seamless integration with Adobe InDesign and Illustrator CS5 via font auto-activation plug-ins
• Web font selection and management through the Extensis WebINK font rental service
• Web Preview mode allows users to see effects of using desktop and WebINK fonts on any website.
• Suggests 'more fonts like this' using QuickMatch technology to locate similar fonts
• Application Sets that immediately activate selected fonts when an application launches
• Font Snapshots for quickly creating PNG font previews
• Updated and modernized user interface
• Localization into French, German, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese
• Delivers a stable environment by managing system fonts, repairing corrupt fonts and integrated font cache cleaning
Suitcase Fusion 3 provides access to high quality web fonts through an integrated connection to the cloud-based web font rental service, WebINK. Through a new Web Preview feature, users can preview how selected fonts will behave online before ever writing a single line of CSS. And all of this is accomplished from a single stable location, Suitcase Fusion 3.
"Enabling WebINK in Suitcase Fusion 3 is a logical step toward complete font control across print and web. The extension of desktop font management to the web closes the loop on many of the cross-media challenges—and creative sacrifices—that modern designers face," said Thomas Phinney, senior product manager for Font Solutions.
To get users up and running with web fonts, users who register Suitcase Fusion 3 by Dec 31, 2010 will receive one FREE year of WebINK web font service.
Suitcase Fusion 3 is available immediately at a SRP of $99.95US for full product; $49.95 US for upgrades from previous versions. Product is available through distribution with Ingram Micro (US) and Synnex (Canada), through North American resellers and retailers (CDW, J&R), and direct from the Extensis website.
Extensis Fusion 3 is available in English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Spanish, and Brazilian Portuguese.