Recognizing the dynamic needs of today’s businesses to quickly and securely share information across a variety of locations, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in advanced digital imaging, today introduced the latest additions to its award-winning lineup of network scanners, the imageFORMULA ScanFront 300/300P. The ScanFront 300/300P network scanners are full-featured, easy-to-use devices developed to capture, convert and share documents across a computer network while improving the security of the data being shared and lowering overall workplace costs.
Key features of the ScanFront 300/300P include:
• Simple Use — With a large 8.4-inch touch screen display, ScanFront 300/300P users can easily select scanning destinations, and have a clear preview of documents once they are digitized. Four USB ports are included to connect peripherals such as USB drives and keyboards to make installation and operation easier, and Scan-To-Job buttons can be pre-configured for one-touch access to commonly used scanning tasks and destinations.
• Quick and Flexible Information Distribution — ScanFront 300/300P can scan in color, grayscale and black & white, at up to 600 dpi, reaching scanning speeds of up to 30 pages-per-minute / 60 images-per-minute (ppm/ipm). Different sized documents, from ID cards to Legal-size, can be quickly scanned and routed directly to various destinations. Users can also create their own private address books to manage recipient information, or use shared LDAP options.
• Improved Security —The ScanFront 300/300P have robust security features including device or server authentication, fingerprint authentication (ScanFront 300P), NTLM V2, and document encryption. The ScanFront-300/300P also have the ability to wipe its internal memory clean to protect sensitive or classified information.
• Centralized, Remote Management — The ScanFront 300/300P come complete with the ScanFront Administration Tool, software that provides IT managers with a powerful, yet simple and easy way to manage multiple ScanFront devices from a single, centralized management console. IT managers can view ScanFront device configurations and status, update firmware, and change / backup / restore the device settings for a single device or entire fleets of devices on the network. This tool helps to rapidly deploy, configure and maintain ScanFront devices, reducing deployment and ongoing support costs, as well as improving asset tracking.
The ScanFront 300/300P scanners also allow users to distribute document images to individual or multiple destinations including:
• Scan-to-E-Mail - Scanned images, whether black & white, grayscale, or color, are automatically converted to JPEG, TIFF or PDF and sent as a file attachment to a single e-mail address or multiple e-mail addresses simultaneously.
• Scan-to-Folder - Sends captured images to designated Windows network folders to boost the productivity of remote workgroups on the same network.
• Scan-to-FTP - Sends scanned images directly to an FTP server, bypassing the mail server - thus circumventing file size limitations and making it possible for users to share files outside the network and between different Operating Systems.
• Scan-to-USB Drive - Stores the scanned image on the connected USB drive or memory device.
• Scan-to-Fax - Sends the scanned image to a specific FAX via FAX server or FAX service provider.
• Scan-to-Print - Sends the scanned image to a shared printer on the network.
Further enhancing the flexibility of the ScanFront 300/300P scanners will be a new Software Development Kit (SDK), available later this year. Using the SDK, solution providers can tailor the ScanFront 300/300P to suit their specific needs and those of their customers, enabling easier integration with their customers’ existing workflows and applications.
The ScanFront 300/300P scanners meet ENERGY STAR qualifications for energy efficiency and comply with the RoHS and WEEE directives for reduction of hazardous substances and waste products.