LithoTechnics Inc. has released Metrix 2010.0.
Metrix 2010.0 introduces a new, modular architecture, making Metrix even more attractive to printers who are looking for an economical way to migrate towards an automated, integrated workflow and away from the constraints of manual job planning, desktop imposition, and disconnected workflow islands.
The most important Metrix 2010.0 features include:
• Auto Production—Taking layout optimization and cost savings to an unprecedented level, Auto Production automatically finds the most cost-effective printing method, press, and sheet size, then ranks the results by production cost. Together with Auto Layout, which finds the optimum layout, and Auto Plan, which finds the best product distribution across multiple layouts and even multiple presses, Metrix 2010.0 offers an astonishing level of intelligence and automation, unmatched in the industry today.
• Security—User logins, passwords, and permissions will prevent unqualified personnel making changes to the Metrix database or to production-critical press-ready standard layouts. Metrix security ensures not only data integrity, but standardization across the enterprise.
• Click Dimensions—Simplifies and speeds the addition of layout dimensions—a critical part of the Metrix job report that customers use as a production roadmap.
• Filtering and Sorting of Data—Speeds the selection of data when building projects, especially important as the Metrix database of projects, equipment, customers, and stocks, grows.
• Enhanced Marks—Including Fold Marks, Barcodes, and Collation Marks.
• Workflow Integration—Enhanced JDF Imposition for Rampage users. Integrated support for Xenith Sierra.
• Improved Ease of Use—Metrix 2010.0 has a host of other new features designed to improve the user experience and enhance ease of use.
"We are proud to introduce another automation milestone with the release of Metrix 2010.0. It is really exciting to invent technology that substantially improves the productivity and efficiency of our customers, and very gratifying to get their feedback on how well it works," said Rohan Holt, president of LithoTechnics.