THERM-O-TYPE unveiled the new Zip-TS1 cutter/slitter. The Zip-TS1 features a unique “tooling station” that can be used to cross sheet crease, perforate, blind emboss, or die/kiss cut. The tooling station combined with programmable guillotine cutting and inline slitting, scoring, perforating, and semi-slitting allow unmatched, single pass finishing capabilities.
Programs for various product formats can be created by the operator and stored. Stored programs can be accessed through the touch screen computer or using a bar code scanner. Fast program retrieval combined with quick change rotary tooling cassettes and tooling station tools allow small quantity orders to be finished with maximum efficiency.
Here are some common, single pass, Zip-TS1 finishing applications:
- Crosscut, slit, and round corner business and playing cards.
- Crosscut, slit, and crease various top and side fold over business card formats.
- Crosscut, slit, semi-slit, and blind emboss greeting/photo cards.
- Crosscut, slit, and die cut door hangers.
- Crosscut, slit, semi-slit, and hole punch hang tags.
- Crosscut, slit, semi-slit, and die cut variable size peek windows in greeting/photo cards.
The Zip-TS1 also features un-match accuracy and format flexibility. Finished size products as small as 1x1.5" can be produced. This allows mini-business cards and tickets to be produced efficiently.
For complex products that may require combinations of die cutting and blind embossing, for example, THERM-O-TYPE offers the Zip-TS “pre-finishing” model. The Zip-TS can process full size sheets, adding creasing, perforating, blind embossing, and die/kiss cutting embellishments. Sheets processed through the Zip-TS and then be run through the Zip-TS1 for final finishing.
The unique Zip-TS and TS1 models allow complex finishing operation to be added to large volumes of small quantity orders quickly and efficiently.