TerraSkin XP is an eco-friendly, pulp-free paper made from stone.
TerraSkin XP is a combination of 80 percent stone (calcium carbonate) with a 20 percent PE (polyethylene) non-toxic resin to create a strong, sustainable substrate. The Calcium Carbonate comes from construction waste material; such as, marble, limestone and chalk scraps which are ground down to a fine powder. The PE is post-industrial recycled and acts as the binder for the Calcium Carbonate. TerraSkin XP outperforms traditional paper with its moisture and tear-resistance.
TerraSkin XP delivers environmental and printing advantages over pulp papers, printable plastics and synthetic papers.
• No Deforestation – Not a single tree is used in the production of TerraSkin XP.
• No Water - The production of TerraSkin XP requires no water
• No Bleach - TerraSkin XP is naturally bright white; therefore, requires no bleach or other bleaching agents during manufacturing
• Durable - TerraSkin XP is moisture, oil, and tear-resistant.
• Reduction in Ink Costs - TerraSkin XP is fiber free reducing ink coverage needed by 20 to 30 percent
• Degradation - TerraSkin XP will degrade back to its source—the powder of stone—when left out in nature for approximately six to nine months. The product releases no toxic materials, and the paper can be safely incinerated. The inorganic mineral and residues can be reused, though no recycling facilities yet exist in the United States.
• Cradle-to-Cradle Silver Certified
Cradle to Cradle Certification provides a company with a means to tangibly, credibly measure achievement in environmentally-intelligent design and helps customers purchase and specify products that are pursuing a broader definition of quality. This means using environmentally safe and healthy materials; design for material reutilization, such as recycling or composting; the use of renewable energy and energy efficiency; efficient use of water, and maximum water quality associated with production; and instituting strategies for social responsibility.