PrintStream is the only integrated Business Management Software for the Printing, Direct Mail and Fulfillment industries. Designed for sheet fed, web, digital (demand), flexo and general commercial printers, PrintStream will handle estimates for a broad mix of products from business cards through annual reports. The Print module is very flexible and easily satisfies the myriad requirements of commercial plants.
The first and most important task of a print house is the initial project estimating and order entry procedures. In an environment where every minute counts, you need a solution that captures the business-critical information once, and then allows you to reuse it many times throughout the organization. PrintStreams' Print Estimating & Order Entry Module, a component of the Print Business Management System created exclusively for print houses, enables you to do just that.
Data Integrity from the Source
Since accuracy is critical in the printing business, PrintStream allows users to estimate art, press, bindery and materials. In addition, the comparison ability of estimated costs versus pricing derived from other (perhaps competitive) price lists increases accuracy in profitable estimating. And since production needs to be scheduled at the time of estimate approval, PrintStreams' integrated order entry and production scheduling module enables seamless and transparent action upon approval of the estimate. To begin work immediately, work tickets are produced with no effort from the estimate, as the job is approved. As with all of Streamline's products, the billing is also integrated for complete pass-through of information, ensuring accuracy and integrity of data.
Flexibility for the User
Of course, the information must be entered in a format that is most conducive to the language of your business language. For that reason, PrintStream provides user-defined setup and scripting. And because similar information is reused numerous times, the capability for cloning and reuse of the same information eliminates unnecessary re-entry and freeing your people from unneeded labor.
Cross Industry Compatibility
To meet the needs of plants that combine print and mailing services, PrintStream includes the availability of a Mail Estimating & Order Entry Module as well as a seamless Print & Mail Estimating & Order Entry Module.
- Estimates sheet fed, web, and flexographic printing.
- Automatically selects the best press to run on.
- Automatically selects the most economical paper size to run on the press.
- Calculates all paper waste from the last process backward, allowing waste for each step.
- Allows manual override of all process standards.
- Store templates for sections, such as covers, 16pp sections etc.
- Store whole job templates.
- Can handle materials other than paper, e.g. plastics.
- Copy quote from one customer to another.
- Store up to 100 versions of a quotation.
- Displays job graphically with visual cues for incomplete information.
- Included drag and drop functionality for ease of use.
- Can be linked to customer price lists, for pricing catalogs and publications.
- Review value-added and contribution for an estimate.
- Auto-generation of quote, and or confirmation letters using Microsoft Word.
- Information in the estimate is automatically passed to the order entry module.
- A credit check is applied before converting estimate to a job.
- User defined check lists for order entry.
- Automatically Print work orders, ink specification sheets and sales copies to different areas of the factory.
- Passes resource requirements to the scheduling modules.
- Automatically passes information to the job costing, inventory and purchasing modules.