Solimar Systems, Inc., a leading global provider of production printing and secure document delivery solutions, today announced the release of an enhanced version of Rubika. New document re-engineering functionality has been added to Rubika version 3.1 that enables more workflow options, increased automation and improved productivity.
Version 3.1 of Rubika solves many problems associated with high volume transactional print and online viewing environments. Rubika 3.1 enhancements include:
* More “Householding” capabilities - consolidates multiple mail pieces being delivered to the same recipient or address in a single envelope, thereby reducing the number of mail pieces being delivered to a single location and reducing postage expenses.
* Annotation Stripper - removes PDF annotations from input files using conditional logic. This backend processing workflow can remove confidential information from customer documents. The module also removes erroneous information from documents such as invalid document links.
* User-defined Messages - allows users to create their own run-time messages that provide customized and targeted system feedback based on specific user actions.
* New Process Logging and Error Logging facilities - improves logging using XML formatting for integration with Automated Document Factory (ADF) systems.
* Added operating system support for Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows Server 2008.
Rubika modules can modify and re-engineer data streams to automate manual processes, enable postal savings, add value to documents (such as TransPromotional and TransEducational applications), leverage finishing equipment, and dynamically modify datastreams prior to printing.
“Our clients tell us that Rubika is a perfect solution for applications that require an easy and efficient method for changing their existing documents without re-coding, re-programming or re-composing,” said Mary Ann Rowan, Vice President of Sales and Marketing for Solimar Systems. “Many organizations want document delivery solutions that can be easily used by non-programmers. Rubika has been designed to simplify the document re-engineering process. It enables non-technical workers to become proficient users, while enabling the programming staff members to become more productive and efficient compared to using scripting tools.”