Epson America, Inc. has announced that the SurePress L-4033A digital label press is now available, and Epson has installed the first unit in North America at Southern-California based label printer Tape & Label Converters. Tape & Label Converters will be using the versatile short-run digital label press to respond to the changing demands of the label printing industry—more complex images requiring higher print resolution and multiple spot colors.
"SurePress is a perfect fit for us because it offers the print quality and spot color reproduction our clients demand, as well as allows us to reach out to new clients with greater capability," said Mas Crawford, vice president of sales, Tape & Label Converters. "In addition, smaller quantities and shorter lead-times are a given in our business, and with SurePress our make-ready time is dramatically reduced, operation is simple and maintenance requirements are reduced, giving us increased productivity from our previous solution."
Designed for label converters, large scale product manufacturers and commercial printers, the SurePress digital label press fits easily into existing digital workflows and prints on a range of off-the-shelf substrates with no pre-coating required. Printing up to 13-inches wide and at speeds up to 16 feet per minute, SurePress leverages Epson's leading MicroPiezo inkjet technology and newly-developed SurePress AQ six-color, industrial-quality, water-based pigment ink that produces a remarkable range of colors for impressive, professional and consistent results.
"From its inception, SurePress was designed to produce excellent print quality with remarkable color at an affordable price, and we expect this installation with Tape & Label Converters to prove it is a solution perfect for small to mid-size converters," said Mark Elsbernd, North American region sales manager, Epson America.
SurePress L-4033A is designed to meet the growing demand for fast turnaround, low volume, and multiple version label jobs. Additional features include:
- High Quality Labels: Epson's acclaimed MicroPiezo ink jet technology provides ultra precise drop formation and placement to deliver smooth gradations, remarkable color quality, and sharp detail for easy bar code readability, plus crisp small type and line work
- Industrial Quality Inks: Durable, water-based, resin-coated pigment inks provide superior adhesion
- Wide Color Gamut: Six-color (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black, Orange, and Green), water-based, pigment ink system reproduces a wide range of colors
- Versatile Substrate Support: Prints on a range of standard, off-the-shelf materials including gloss, semi-gloss, matte, and film
- Variable Web Width: Supports rolls from 3.15 to 13-inches wide up to 0.013-inches (0.32 mm) thick
- Enhanced Productivity: Time-consuming, short-run jobs can be transferred to the SurePress for more flexibility and timely results at speeds up to 16 feet per minute
- Less Waste: No chemicals or plates are required in the pre-press process and less substrate and ink is used in make-ready for short run jobs