PDF HandShake UB2, from HELIOS Software, will include many new and updated features to make PDF creation, preflighting, searching, and printing more productive for companies producing, printing, or using PDF documents. PDF HandShake UB2 enhances its PDF preflight feature by integrating the new callas pdfToolbox 4. The highly automated PDF HandShake UB2 server-based PDF preflighting is much faster than alternatives, yet is fully compatible with Adobe Acrobat X. HELIOS Script Server hot folders can optionally use locally saved preflight profiles for individual on-demand PDF checking. Preflight reports may be generated in a wide variety of formats including HTML, PDF with layers or annotations, XML, and plain text.
Another important improvement will be the full support of Acrobat Distiller X by the PDF HandShake UB2 “Create PDF Server” for Mac and Windows. Automated high-performance PDF generation can be combined with PDF preflighting into one processing step by configuring relevant preflight profiles in the Create PDF print queues. Also included is new support for OpenType CFF (Compact Fonts Format) fonts and further improved PDF compatibility. With PDF HandShake, PDF generation is highly automated, offering load-balancing and fail-safety using multiple Create PDF workstations.
PDF HandShake UB2 introduces full text indexing and searches of PDFs, using the HELIOS Index Server search system, which is fully compatible with Apple's Spotlight search technology, for Spotlight compatible searches by Mac, Windows and Web clients. PDF text extraction, as well as all other PDF HandShake capabilities, are also available for 3rd party solutions like Digital Asset Management to integrate with. PDF previewing and printing will benefit from the enhanced PDF layer support.
Key benefits of the new PDF HandShake UB2 include:
- Fast and 100% Acrobat Distiller X compatible PDF generation with Mac or Windows based Create PDF Server
- PDF Preflight utilizing callas pdfToolbox 4 with HTML, PDF and XML reports
- PDF layer support for better approval and proof printing
- Enhanced font capabilities with support for OpenType CFF fonts
- Enhanced PDF format and rendering compatibility
- On-demand PDF preflighting with individual PDF preflight hot folder support
- Increased 3rd party application integration with PDF full-text extraction
- Quickly find PDF files via Spotlight compatible searches for PDF text, meta data, and form fields
Additional information about the new features of the upcoming HELIOS UB2 software suite can be found at the HELIOS Software website at http://www.helios.de.