InfoPrint Solutions has unveiled the InfoPrint 5000, a digital high-speed inkjet platform and can run a variety of inks and fluids. Some key features also include print speeds up to 419.8 fpm (128 mm), maximum print width of 19.96 inches, support for AFP, Adobe PostScript and Adobe PDF and enhanced print quality with piezo-electric inkjet technology.
Ricoh’s InfoPrint 5000 Extended Media Dryer Option enables customers to print direct mail, books, and general commercial print applications with more graphic elements and higher ink coverage on a broader range of media than previously supported. The feature allows print shops, commercial printers, data centers, in-plant printers, and direct mailers to print on lighter and heavier weight inkjet and offset coated stocks, with enhanced color vibrancy, empowering companies to expand into new market areas. Some key features of the Extended Media Dryer Option include:
• Support for more offset coated stocks common in book printing, direct mail and general commercial print
• Enabling printing of larger solid coverage images (example: magazine or book images)
• Enabling printing of solid images back to back
• Providing improved color vibrancy and an increased color gamut
• Curing the inks faster and more thoroughly than with conventional infrared technology
• Reducing heating of substrates resulting in less paper curl, waviness, and wrinkling