“Digital Publishing Suite was a natural fit with Globo’s publishing strategy,” said Alexandre Maron, director of Digital Innovation, Editora Globo. “Brazil is one of the fastest emerging countries in terms of digital media. We want to be at the forefront of publishing and distributing digital magazines, and Digital Publishing Suite’s advanced integration with our publishing systems helps us do so – while maintaining a close relationship with our readers.”
Large Publishers Empowered
The Enterprise Edition of the Digital Publishing Suite includes a spectrum of hosted enterprise services and features for publishers worldwide. These services include:
• Distribution Service for the storage and fulfillment of digital issues to a wide variety of Android, iOS and RIM QNX devices
• Analytics Service to analyze and optimize editorial and advertising content using a set of included analytic reports or through an Adobe SiteCatalyst account for more expansive and detailed reporting and analysis
• Viewer Builder Service to preview, test and build publisher branded, signed viewers
• E-commerce Service for the sale of content through mobile marketplaces, including the Apple App Store and Android Market, digital retail channels and direct publisher subscriptions
• Folio Producer Service to support upload of content directly from within Adobe InDesign CS5 software to organize and create production-ready digital publications
The Digital Publishing Suite supports direct entitlement through innovative integration with leading third party subscription fulfillment service providers. This allows publishers to leverage existing print accounts, drive increased digital subscriptions, offer print-digital bundles and maximize merchandising opportunities across titles for greater profitability.
The Digital Publishing Suite tightly integrates with Creative Suite 5 software, empowering designers with industry standard page layout capabilities for creating highly designed, engaging digital content that includes a new class of interactivity. Advertising and creative agencies can use Creative Suite to seamlessly integrate advertising content into the tablet publishing workflow facilitated by Digital Publishing Suite. For content distribution across multiple mobile operating systems and tablet devices, cross-platform Content Viewers (iOS and Adobe AIR for Android tablets available now, RIM Playbook version expected shortly) help publishers extend the reach of their digital content and generate new subscribers. Additionally, third party developers and publishing system providers can extend Digital Publishing Suite to automate the creation of .folio (previously called .issue) files and streamline the tablet publishing process.
Pricing and Availability
The Enterprise Edition of Digital Publishing Suite is available immediately, with pricing available through a custom quote. For more information visit: www.adobe.com/products/digitalpublishingsuite. The Folio Producer Service will be available in late Q2 FY11 and the Professional Edition of Publishing Suite is expected to be available in late Q2 FY11. This is intended for publishers who require an off-the-shelf solution for immediate content publishing to tablet devices. The Professional Edition tightly integrates with Creative Suite 5 tools and includes access to the core Digital Publishing Suite services.
Additional information is available at www.adobe.com/digitalpublishing and on the Digital Publishing blog. Connect with the team on Facebook at www.facebook.com/adobedigitalpub and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/adobedigitalpub.
Want to know more about this product? Click here to request more information about Enterprise Edition of Adobe Digital Publishing Suite from Adobe Systems Inc. .