Monadnock Paper Mills Inc. has created a sampler of durable papers representing its capabilities in the manufacture of specialty printing and converting papers.
As a technical/specialty papermaker, Monadnock has extensive experience custom engineering reinforced durable substrates with or without printable and/or functional coatings to achieve high levels of durability and printability via traditional offset and digital platforms.
Monadnock's durable papers can be designed for enhanced strength, including high-tear, tensile, fold, elongation and moisture-resistant characteristics. These papers are suitable for converting processes, such as die-cutting, multilevel embossing and deep channel scoring, among many others.
"In my 28 years at Monadnock, we have always worked to create papers that, through performance, lower a customer's costs," said Vice President of Product Development & Technical Services, Paul Ciccone. "We also strive to reduce their environmental footprint and our own. It's an ongoing process."
Papers and boards include:
• Monadnock Envi Card Stock: gift, loyalty and membership cards, and durable signage
• Monadnock Envi PC 100 Wet-Strength Label: beverage labels of all forms
• Monadnock Envi PC 10 Durable Tag: horticultural tag and label; POP display
• Monadnock Envi PC 10 Wallcovering: PVC-free wallcovering and mural stock
• Monadnock Flame Retardant Poster: signage for public venues
• Monadnock Duraprint 7 Durable Cover: turned-edge cover for CD boxes, books, folders and slip cases
• Monadnock Ultraform Backlit Poster: backlit signage for transit shelters, airports and movie theaters
In addition to their performance characteristics, these papers are designed with the environment in mind, to be as green as possible and still perform their required tasks. These papers serve, in many cases, as alternatives to petrochemical-based plastics and films.
All Monadnock durable papers are:
• Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified; Rainforest Alliance Smartwood verified
• Manufactured carbon neutral (VERs) with 100 percent renewable electricity (RECs)
• Manufactured under an ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System and an ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System, both third-party certified
• Manufactured Process Chlorine Free