For offset printers, Kodak has introduced the next revolution in high-performance, no preheat printing plate technology in its new KODAK TRILLIAN SP Thermal Plates. TRILLIAN SP Thermal Plates are designed to offer commercial printers, publishers and offset package printers outstanding levels of productivity and efficiency. TRILLIAN SP Plates also lower the total cost of ownership - and provide environmental benefits - by using significantly less chemistry and eliminating the use of preheat and postbake ovens, even for long jobs in harsh chemical environments. The new plates are widely compatible with existing CTP and processing equipment, enable easier processor cleaning and less maintenance, and provide high-quality, consistent performance on press.
The TRILLIAN SP Plate is a non-ablative, negative working, thermal digital plate with wide operating latitude for long runs and offers excellent resistance to aggressive press chemistry such as UV inks and blanket washes. The plate operates in the 800-850 nm range and supports resolutions up to 300 lpi using KODAK SQUARESPOT Imaging Technology. It is rated for up to 500,000 impressions unbaked.
Commercial printers face competitive pressures to improve efficiency and reduce turnaround time, while increasing consistency and quality. KODAK TRILLIAN SP Thermal Plates help printers meet these challenges with an impressive combination of outstanding productivity and performance, significantly lower total cost of use and reduced environmental impact when compared with typical digital processed plates in the market today.
- Revolutionary new proprietary negative-working coating that provides high sensitivity, excellent resolution, consistency, chemical resistance and durability without baking
- Delivers extraordinarily sharp detail and stability for short-and long-run AM and FM applications
- 500,000 impressions for standard press conditions without postbaking
- Maximizes total throughput with industry-leading imaging speed
- Extremely fast processing speeds, without the need for preheating or postbaking, improving turnaround times
- Utilizes up to 70% less chemistry than previous plate systems significantly reducing chemistry, storage and disposal costs
- Neutral pH plate processing solution
KODAK TRILLIAN SP Plates can be a key element to improving the Stability of your printing business, helping you achieve your quality, efficiency, profitability, and environmental goals.