Mimaki Engineering Co. Ltd. has announced the CAD cutting plotter, APC-130, featuring exact plotting and cutting of paper patterns at a maximum width of 1,240 mm. This cutting plotter is expected to be available August 2011.
APC-130 is based on Mimaki's know-how within the cutting market and the company's CG-series of cutting machines for the sign industry. Equipped with various functionality required by the apparel and fashion industry APC-130 excels at its ease of use. The plotter displays a high accuracy of plotting and cutting all kinds of design ideas and shapes.
- Alternate Plot & Cut Function: APC-130 is equipped with Mimaki's newly innovated “Alternate Plot & Cut Function" that enables drawing and cutting in one step. Pen and contour cutter are installed at the same head thus enabling seamless, streamlined operation by drawing the marks first before contour cutting. After drawing the pen is lifted automatically so that precise cuts are executed without interference. An uninterrupted, streamlined workflow can thus be established resulting in higher accuracy and productivity.
- Plot and cut on thick substrates up to 180 gsm:APC-130 has a maximum cutting pressure of up to 500 g thus making it possible to cut thick paper patterns of up to 180 gsm whereby material tension is uphold. This enables accurate and precise drawings and contour cuts. A two-step adjustable clamp pressure makes sure that various thicknesses can be processes in just this one machine.
- Platen improvement: In order to keep tension across the whole substrate and not cause wrinkles in the paper pattern, APC-130 has an improved platen design. Exact paper patterns can thus be produced.
- Easy loading of heavy roll media: APC-130 employs a front loading system to avoid having to move around the machine for setting of heavy roll media thus enabling everyone to load all kinds of media.
- Further functionality:
- Paper rolls can be easily stored in the paper basket thus keeping produced patterns clean.
- Seven predefined cutting patterns for often used patterns can be saved and instantly re-loaded thus enabling fast reaction and high productivity.
- Plotting and cutting only dotted lines enables perforations that can be easily separated by hand with Mimaki’s half cut function.
- Mimaki's over cut function overlaps the start and end points of the substrates thus eliminating cut lines that are not completely cut.
Maximum width - 1,240mm
Attachment - Parallel installation of 1 cutter and 1 pen
Type - Pattern paper for apparel (64-180 gsm)
Roll width / weight - 890mm - 1,400mm / Up to 20kg
Maximum roll diameter - Less than φ200mm
Inside roll diameter - 3 inches
Cut - 500g
Draw - 150g
Maximum cutting speed - 60cm/sec (45° direction)
Maximum drawing speed - 60cm/sec (45° direction)
Range accuracy - 3m
Repeatability - ±0.2mm / 3m *Media expansion and contraction due to temperature excluded
Interface - USB, RS-232C
Buffer capacity - 30MB
Operation environment Temperature: 5 - 35 °C
Humidity: 35 - 75 % Rh (No condensation)
Power AC 100 V - 240 V, less than 145 VA
Dimensions (WxDxH)/ Weight 1,825mm x 1,000mm x 1,217mm / 62kg
Shipment commences: August 2011
First Appearance of APC-130
APC-130 is expected to be shown at “Shanghai TEX 2011 (15th Shanghai International Exhibition on Textile Industry)” from June 14-17 2011. Apart from the new CAD cutting plotter APC-130, Mimaki will be introducing its direct to fabric digital textile printer series Tx400-1800D/B to the Chinese market.